Thread: The Battle of Athens...First time I heard of this.

The Battle of Athens...First time I heard of this.

This is a lesson which wise political leaders learn young, and you can be pretty sure that, when a boss stays in power, he gives the majority of the people what they think they want. If he is bad and indulges in practices which are dishonest, or if he acts for his own interests alone, the people are unwilling to condone these practices.

When the people decide that conditions in their town, county, state or country must change, they will change them. If the leadership has been wise, they will be able to do it peacefully through a secret ballot which is honestly counted, but if the leader has become inflated and too sure of his own importance, he may bring about the kind of action which was taken in Tennessee.
    http://www.constitution.org/mil/tn/batathen_press.htm

Video dramatization:

God bless the veterans of the United States of America who live their oath.

For all the fear we have of the feds taking away rights going by history we should fear our local governments much more...

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Yes, I knew about this. I think everybody - especially children in school should be taught about this.

We are fast coming - hell, we're past the time that we should be doing this again - on a national scale. We must prevail.

The fact that we haven't yet just shows how soft and pussified we've let ourselves become.

I hope we don't wait until it becomes a monumental task that requires monumental loss of life.

If we started to organize and become a serious threat, that would probably be enough to cause the changes that we need.

The Constitution prescribes that the people should pull the government back into line when it gets too far out of control. And that time has unfortunately, arrived.

If we don't get new leadership and they don't make the needed changes... then this is an absolute necessity.
    Last edited by O.S.O.K.; 03-19-2012 at 10:12 PM.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~