Thread: Italian gunmaker brings factory jobs to U.S.

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post Italian gunmaker brings factory jobs to U.S.

After today, it's all historical.

Very cool.

Never heard of 'em till now.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Chiappa also has the X-Caliber, a lightweight, break-action rifle-shotgun that was invented by Tim Ralston, a survivalist featured on the National Geographic show "Doomsday Preppers." This gun's claim to fame is an adapter that lets the gun fire 10 different calibers of ammunition through its 12-gauge barrel.

Ralston,said the X-Caliber is the best gun for the apocalypse "because it gives you that ability to go and scavenge for ammunition whatever you can."

"Let's say I've run out of my 12 gauge shells, but I've come across your dead body," he said. "So I go and rifle through your jacket and I find .357 bullets. With this gun, all I have to do is slide [the adapter] in, and I'm shooting .357 out of a shotgun."
    Thats sounds retarded.

What dead body has ammo but no gun?

And who wants to shoot .357 out of a shotgun barrel? Wouldn't it be like firing it from a gun with a chamber but no bore?
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Maybe they took a .50 cal. through the weapon? On the .357 out of a shotgun barrel, I'd say it depends on the chamber adapter. Does it have any rifled barrel attached to it? 6" worth would be all you'd need, hell even 4" would work well. Consider the rest of the barrel as a flash suppressor with no slits.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Ah, I didn't consider the possibility that the chamber adapter might include a portion of rifled barrel.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Ah, I didn't consider the possibility that the chamber adapter might include a portion of rifled barrel.
    Looks like it does.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I've seen some advertisements for their pistols in .22 they are real reasonable in price.