Thread: ak side mount poot on an sks

ak side mount poot on an sks

ok um i have a Russian sks all original with a synthetic stock and i was wondering if any body would know if i could rivet an Ak side mount to the synthetic stock. Im just wondering if it can even be done?

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTD View Post
    ok um i have a Russian sks all original with a synthetic stock and i was wondering if any body would know if i could rivet an Ak side mount to the synthetic stock. Im just wondering if it can even be done?
    It *can* be done but i would'nt reccomend it. The stock has a little play in it by default so you will have serious trouble maintaining zero. Being synthetic you at least would'nt have temperature/humidity flexing issues but you still would every time you bump (or fire) the rifle.

I used to have one and used a receiver cover replacement type that i had a good experience with. It fit so tight that it would'nt walk around under recoil and kept it's zero really well when i popped it off for cleaning.

You could also try a Molot rail like this one www.tacticaltoybox.com/MOLOT-Side-Rail. It'll mount up something like shown in this pic which is what you're shooting for i think.

Last edited by stinker; 03-20-2012 at 06:51 PM.

thanks dude.