Thread: ak suppressor

ak suppressor

need one that will mount on a yugo krink without adapting or rethreading, has 26mm 1.5 LH threads. any leads? AAC used to make them but not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by bravo619 View Post
    need one that will mount on a yugo krink without adapting or rethreading, has 26mm 1.5 LH threads. any leads? AAC used to make them but not anymore.
    Before you go to the trouble, make sure your threads are concentric to the bore. I was going to get a can for my m92 and am damn glad I checked it first. Lots of aks and krinks are way off and you get baffle and end strikes. I've seen some aks where the bore isn't even centered in the damn barrel.

After all that if your threads are concentric you still have a noisy weapon even with the suppressor. I've shot a few with different cans and it just wasn't impressive enough to be worth it to me.

If you still want to do it, you should be able to have one ordered to your thread specs.
    Last edited by Integratedj; 03-22-2012 at 09:07 PM.

suppressor

thanks for the tip.

you'll have to handload or buy the heavier rounds and experiment.

IIRC they make 147gr "Sledgehammer" rounds.

IF you can make subsonic rounds and cycle a Full auto M14 with a can , then an AK can do it no problem.

a 5.45 gun with a decent can is nice too. sounds like a .22
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2012 videodon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Integratedj View Post
    Before you go to the trouble, make sure your threads are concentric to the bore. I was going to get a can for my m92 and am damn glad I checked it first. Lots of aks and krinks are way off and you get baffle and end strikes. I've seen some aks were the bore isn't even centered in the damn barrel.

After all that if your threads are concentric you still have a noisy weapon even with the suppressor. I've shot a few with different cans and it just wasn't impressive enough to be worth it to me.

If you still want to do it, you should be able to have one ordered to your thread specs.
    Great insight there bro.
    A 30 caliber can had crossed my mind for my next one but I've heard these reports before.
    видеодон

It really sucked when I found out I couldn't run one on the m92. I was super disapointed.

Huntertown Arms is making one specifically for the AK.
    Other manufactures quit because of the thread issues where the threads werent concentric, resulting in baffle strikes.

The Huntertown compensates for this by having a lot of clearance built into the baffles.

Look for the Military Arms Channel (MAC), they have a pretty good review along with some video footage. The cans will retail for 499.

I have several on the way.

how bout thread choices on those hunterstown ak cans? any fit the yugo krink 26mm 1.5 LH

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014

I have a Gemtech .30cal with thread adapters that works on the M1A and Chinese AK. Seems to work fine without sub-sonic ammo. Eventually, I'm going to load some sub-sonic rounds and try it out.

anyone have a AK47 krink that they run a suppressor on with an adapter?