Thread: Best place to get a converted Saiga 12?

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011

Question Best place to get a converted Saiga 12?

Where's the best place to get a plain jane p-grip converted saiga 12? I plan to add all the cool stuff later (upper rail, handguard rails, folding stock, etc).

This right here is the type I'd like to pick up:
    http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct1019.aspx

But I'm not sure if that's a good price or a good vendor. Atlantic firearms has been kind of unresponsive to requests in the past, and I think I've heard some less than stellar things about them.

This is close to what I want the end product to look like:
    http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct1156.aspx

But I want to get a stripped down version so I can figure out exactly which upgrades I want; unless someone happens to know where I could get a good deal on an already pimped out version.

I've found Classic Arms to generally have good prices and they're very responsive, at least in my experience. I think they have a reasonable basic conversion on their site now. I got a stock one and converted myself with parts from CSS. The conversion was easy if you have a little bit of mechanical ability, and much cheaper than buying one already converted. Mine ended up looking a lot like the one you cited as your end goal, and I have way less money in it and I know how it was done since I did it myself!
    Last edited by Gary Thomas; 03-31-2012 at 12:52 AM.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Thomas View Post
    I've found Classic Arms to generally have good prices and they're very responsive, at least in my experience. I think they have a reasonable basic conversion on their site now. I got a stock one and converted myself with parts from CSS. The conversion was easy if you have a little bit of mechanical ability, and much cheaper than buying one already converted. Mine ended up looking a lot like the one you cited as your end goal, and I have way less money in it and I know how it was done since I did it myself!
    That's the place I finally found with the best price. It was 800 for the plain jane converted saiga 12. However these still have the rear receiver tang and don't have the receiver block required for some of the nicer saiga 12 stocks available.

marked for later reference.... I have to get one for the safe.