Thread: Looking for a sight that won't break the bank........

Looking for a sight that won't break the bank........

I am kind of stuck between the StrikeFire and the BSA stealth tactical. Any suggestions? Anyone use either?

i was looking at the strikefire or sparc. But decided to go with the sparc. But you can not go wrong with vortex products.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Vortex has a good rep. BSA, not so much
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

A red dot or variable scope? Vortex Strikefire gets good reviews for their value, and even check out burris; they have some reasonably priced red dots out now.

Scope wise I'd go Redfield cough-Leupold-cough . How about Millett's red dot? Don't know their reputation (the red dot's, got their 1-4x and it's great). So maybe check Millett's dms-1 1-4x, anywhere from $200-250?
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Millet and vortex are both good to go. Vortex takes weird batteries though. I bought a bushnell red dot recently for my ak that is awesome. Let me find the model, brb.

Trs-25.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I have been wondering the same thing. The optics listed, are they for ARs, AKs, or does it matter? I know that while any optic can be used on any rifle, some are designed to work better with certain platforms.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member