Thread: HDR's quotable quotes, part four

HDR's quotable quotes, part four

Seems there are quotes that need quoted, but it'll be a while before we get our HDR's Quotes back from the old site.

A little history for those who don't know. HDR started a quote thread, and everyone kept adding to it. Soon, there were three threads of quotes with a minimal of four pages in each thread. I think one went five or six pages before we closed it to start another (bandwidth issues).

In honor of HDR's quote thread, I now bring to you, "HDR's quotable quotes, part four".

(We'll link this thread to the others when we get the drives back from legal)
    If I weren't supposed to shoot guns, why did God give me trigger fingers?

There's a point in your life when you get tired of trying to fix everything and trying to make everyone happy. When you finally decide to quit, it's NOT giving up. It's realizing you don't need certain people and the bullshit they bring to your life.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee!

"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to ensure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington, in a speech to Congress, January 7,1790.

"A good government is one which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread that it has earned."
    - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826) (inaugural address)

There's a point in your life when you get tired of trying to fix everything and trying to make everyone happy. When you finally decide to quit, it's NOT giving up. It's realizing you don't need certain people and the bullshit they bring to your life.

"There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him."
    - Robert Heinlein

"The State, it cannot be too often repeated, does nothing and can give nothing which it does not take from somebody. The Forgotten Man works and votes--generally he prays--but his chief business in life is to pay."
    - William Sumner - "The Forgotten Man" (1883)

Iron Pumping Bastard aliceinchains's Avatar

HDR Is a man of words. Always has been and that is what makes him stand out from the rest of us.
    I am sitting in my angry chair!

The proverb warns that 'You should not bite the hand that feeds you.' But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself.
    -Thomas Szasz

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
    -Thomas Jefferson

"I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer."
    --Benjamin Franklin

"The infantry must move in order to close with the enemy. It must shoot in order to move. To halt under fire is folly. To halt under fire and not fire back is suicide."
    --General George S. Patton, Jr.

"The smallest minority is the individual. Those who deny individual Rights can not claim to be defenders of minorities."

-Ayn Rand

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." -President Ronald W. Reagan
    Skäl
    "Where you recognize evil, speak out against it, and give no truces to your enemies." - 'Havamal'.

"Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master."

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

"We the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts--not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

-Abraham Lincoln

‎"It was self-serving politicians who convinced the recent generation of Americans that we could all stand in a circle with our hands in each other's pockets and somehow get rich."

-Paul Harvey

‎"Education is a weapon, whose effect depends on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed."

-Josef Stalin

Self-absorbed people consume and immediately regurgitate socio-political buzzphrases to appear learned, thoughtful and concerned without the inconvenience of learning, thinking, or giving a shit.
    -UGA Cherokee

"Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis" which is scripted in Latin. The English translation means "Education is the most effective form of rebellion". The moral of Thorin's quote is that much more can be accomplished with a book rather than a bat. The system itself cannot be beaten by simply dropping out and having a middle finger attitude. To truly make a difference, you need not only angst, but also a firm foundation on what makes the system what it is. Past revolutionaries (Che, King Jr, Gandhi....) all knew how to use the system to their advantage and bring about change. Society loves stupid people because they are so easy to control. To truly make a difference organize with the tools that truly bring about change: Education and Unity. The sheep (people in general) are force feed crap everyday via the media. Unfortunately they take it all in with their mouths open wide. The uneducated cannot tell the difference between truth and lie, instead they tend to believe everything that is broadcasted without even questioning it. Everyday the system is unjust and unfair. Without education, and unity, this massive corporate lobbied tax hijacked machine can never be re-tooled. It is up to YOU to make the changes needed to improve YOUR society. It is time to stand for what you believe in, and be heard. Ignorance is the single greatest tool of oppression.

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.

General George S. Patton, Jr
    War As I Knew It