Thread: Good deals are still out there

Good deals are still out there

I had a friend call me who needed money. See, this is how every good deal starts.

He wanted to sell something to pay for some bills, so I enquired about his new Saiga. So, long story short, I picked up this Saiga 12 for 400 even. It came with 2 stocks, 3 sure fire high caps, and the regular mag. You really couldn't ask for a better deal. Now, it will undergo the conversion and get a chaos break, rail, and stock. The tapco fusion works, but it's not my cup of tea.

Eph 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I'll give you $200 for it so you don't have to go to all that trouble converting it.

Hmm...

How about you donate the Chaos rail and I'll send you pics of how nice it looks?

I am still debating on whether I'm going to do a standard AK stock or a Tromix/chaos stock setup. I hate the thought of grinding off that upper stock tang.
    Eph 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Does your friend how bad you got him for

Nah, we're buds. I got a H&K USC from him for 600 bucks back in 03. He's a great guy. He goes through guns like some people go through underwear.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

If he needs another friend you can give him my name.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by F-16 CHIEF View Post
    I am still debating on whether I'm going to do a standard AK stock or a Tromix/chaos stock setup. I hate the thought of grinding off that upper stock tang.
    Personally, I would go with a regular AK stock setup. An AK solid stock is short enough for compactness, and you could always use a Romy folder if you wanted. Or get a Regular AK m4 stock without the funky adapter.

I wouldn't put a brake on it either, unless your gonna shorten the barrel sub-18" and permanently fix the brake on.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

You told your wife it's for your newest daughter and not for you right? Right? Oh, and nice score.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014

Nice catch!!

Quote Originally Posted by F-16 CHIEF View Post
    Nah, we're buds. I got a H&K USC from him for 600 bucks back in 03. He's a great guy. He goes through guns like some people go through underwear.
    I had a bud who was the same way and catching the fall out was nice for the group. He'd buy firearms for a variety of reasons. When he got bored with it, he was done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    Does your friend how bad you got him for
    My bud got married and she taught him fiscal responsibility; do you realize how badly he is missed?