Thread: New Pistol on the Way!

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

New Pistol on the Way!

OK, it is new to me, but not really new. Just ordered a CZ 82 from J&G Sales. It should be waiting for me when I get back. The store I am sending it to said holding it until I get back is not an issue. I ordered the Very Good condition model. It costs a little more, but the reviews I saw stated the pistols and the holster were almost like new. Didn't spend the extra $20 for hand select though. Couldn't see the purpose in that.

Next, to order some ammo. Thinking of getting Sellier & Bellot. Probably just a couple of boxes at first, then I will get a case. I just want to be able to shoot it when I get home. Now the wait starts again.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Congrats, take photos of it when you get it. The S&B is going to be top end 9x18 ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Congrats, take photos of it when you get it. The S&B is going to be top end 9x18 ammo.
    I have to look around at where I found it, maybe on LuckyGunner, but it was cheaper that Prvi Parizan. If I was at home, I have a bunch of ammo sites in my favorites. Here at sea I am having to go by memory. That is another reason I will probably only get a couple of boxes. LuckyGunner has good service and a good selection, but their prices are a little higher.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Always had great performance with the S&B in mine.

IIRC, the price for 50 rounds was a little steep compared to 9mm, and it was hard to find, but dang if it wasn't compact and lightweight! You could almost fit 100 in a cigarette box! I used to compare them to a 50 round box of .45acp to get a laugh from my friends.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

They like steel cased fine in my experience. I would just get Silver Bear or some equivalent.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

The pistol is shipped. Should be notified of delivery on Monday! To bad I will be a few days before I can pick it up.

NRA Endowment Member

The pistol arrived yesterday. Now I just need to get home and pick it up.

Found that they have 9x18 at the Cabella's just down the street, so I will probably stop there on the way home! It is a little more expensive than online, but once you add in shipping it is about the same.

NRA Endowment Member

I like my Falco brand black leather belt holster for it. That and the spare mags. Got to get spare mags.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

The pistol comes with a holster so I am waiting to see what I get. As for a mags, it only comes with one. I figure on getting at least 2 more. They are not as expensive as I thought they might be. About the same as a mag for my Glock and much less expensive that one for my SIG Mosquito.

NRA Endowment Member

My holster came left handed, yuck. Not only that, but its completely unsuitable for comfortable belt carry with normal civilian clothes. Looks like it was meant for a duty belt.

Congrats on getting a CZ-82.
    I love mine for carrying. I use a pocket holster since I hate belt holsters. The pocket holster allows carrying without printing even when wearing a tee shirt.

The CZ-82 is very accurate and reliable. I use Silver Bear 115 gr. HPs for carrying and LVE 92 gr. FMJ for plinking. I also like the 13 rd. capacity. You might want to look at buying a loader because the 11th and 12th rounds are a bitch to load. I use a HKS loader for double stack .380 mags. Makes it a breeze to load the mags.

Last edited by slamfire51; 05-04-2012 at 01:06 AM.
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by slamfire51 View Post
    Congrats on getting a CZ-82.
    I love mine for carrying. I use a pocket holster since I hate belt holsters. The pocket holster allows carrying without printing even when wearing a tee shirt.

The CZ-82 is very accurate and reliable. I use Silver Bear 115 gr. HPs for carrying and LVE 92 gr. FMJ for plinking. I also like the 13 rd. capacity. You might want to look at buying a loader because the 11th and 12th rounds are a bitch to load. I use a HKS loader for double stack .380 mags. Makes it a breeze to load the mags.

I didn't get the loader at first. I went out one day and fired about 150 rounds and I thought my thumb was going to tear itself open. Those are not easy mags to load! I purchased the loader you recommended and it works great. I am thinking of getting my daughter a CZ83. If I do, a loader will definately come with the package.

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I didn't get the loader at first. I went out one day and fired about 150 rounds and I thought my thumb was going to tear itself open. Those are not easy mags to load! I purchased the loader you recommended and it works great. I am thinking of getting my daughter a CZ83. If I do, a loader will definately come with the package.
    I'm glad your thumb demanded you get a loader........ LOL
    Like I said, makes shooting the 82/83 a lot more fun.
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL