Thread: good idea for a Siaga AK47 tactical --- Bushnell 1x25 Trophy TRS-25 Riflescope ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

good idea for a Siaga AK47 tactical --- Bushnell 1x25 Trophy TRS-25 Riflescope ?

I am thinking about mounting a red dot scope on my Siaga Tactical ... would a Bushnell TRS-25 be a good choice ? anyone have one mounted on their AK ? pics would be appreciated... comments would also be welcomed ...

tia

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Red dots and ak's taste great together as long as you're not the one eating the lead filling

Not familliar with that particular red dot but being a bushnel it can't be that bad. Decent price too. I run an aimpoint or an eotech on mine and i absolutely love it.

You mounting over the gas tube or the receiver?

my AK's quad rail is over the gas tube only... not the receiver .. cannot post a picture until i have more posts.. thanks for the reply

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Being a saiga putting it over the receiver should be super simple with the built in QD mount. One thing i would worry about putting that over the gas tube is if it's a really small red dot that far away from your eye. Don't know how big the field of view is on that one. Personal preference but i like them closer. That far away just feels odd to me.

Over the gas tube means you'll probably be doing some rezeroing if you ever need to take the tube off for cleaning too so that's another potential down side of putting it there. Upside is it's an ak, so it'll run just fine if your cleaning only consists of dropping it in a watery mud puddle once in a while and maybe blasting it with some WD40 just for good measure

Another thing to consider is heat transfer, depending on how heavy you shoot it. Some optics can't take too much while others it's no big deal. That's why i went over the receiver with mine even though they could probably take it easily. Totally eliminates that concern.

good point... thats why i was asking before i shuck out the bucks to buy an optic.. i might have to mount it over the receiver afterall..

I was looking at those, too.

I have been slowly saving up the money to get one of those. I like the looks, controls, and price of it and most all the reviews are pretty positive. I plan on mounting it over a Ultimak gas tube. I like the idea of being able to co-witness my sites. Let me know if you get one and your thoughts on it.