Thread: It's Here!

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

It's Here!

Picked up my "new" CZ 82 today. I can't wait to shoot it, but that may be a couple of weeks. Work is out of control. The only real problem was that the holster that was supposed to come with it did not. I called J&G and they seemed pretty happy to fix it. I should have the holster in about a week. Anyway, here is the "new" pistol.

"Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Shweet..... They are some very accurate little guns.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Nice looking CZ!

I'd still get a commercial holster if you plan to carry it.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Nice looking CZ!

I'd still get a commercial holster if you plan to carry it.
    I need to start looking for one. I really like the size. It seems just a little smaller than my G19, which I felt was a tad big for carry, at least with what I normally wear, jeans and a T-shirt, tucked in.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I like my leather holster from Falco. (Made in Slovakia)

Last edited by FunkyPertwee; 05-17-2012 at 07:12 PM.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Congrats on the 82. They are nice weapons. I've come very close to getting one several times but adding another chambering always makes me stop. If looking for a holster it would be nice if you could find a polymer holster for CCW. It won't absorb sweat and body oils, also won't promote rust of the firearm if left stored in it long term.

You just got an excellent carry gun. Congrats!! It's a small gun with 25 rds. at hand if needed.

I have 2 and carry 100% when away from the house. I wear jeans and tee shirts 99% of the time I'm away from home and I use a pocket holster. This allows carrying without printing under a tee shirt. I added a clip on the outside of the holster to secure it better when the gun is drawn.

Short of buying nite sights, I bought a product called Ultra Green v10 from Glow, Inc.
    http://glowinc.com/detail.aspx?ID=41. It is the brightest solvent based paint available. It costs about 10 bucks and is enough to do dozens of sights. Tip: clean the sights with a good solvent and carefully paint a white enamel paint in the 2 dots of the rear sight and the front slot. Let dry, and carefully do the same with the Glow paint. 2-3 coats will be necessary to achieve the level of brightness desired. Let dry a couple hours.

At night, charge the paint under a bright light bulb for a couple minutes.
    This paint is so bright, the glow reflects of the sheets on my bed. Another plus is it stays bright for 12 hrs., and glows for 24 hours. Money well spent, IMO.
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Forgot to post that J&G sent me the holster for the CZ-82. It is a black leather holter with a hammer strap. I think the holster is brand new. It is very tight, the pistol barely fits. I found markings on the back of the holster that identify it as being for the "82/83" and it also identifies the manufacture, but that stamp is not quite deep enough to see. All in all I am pretty happy. My ammo arrived before I left so next time I am at home I will take it out and give it a try. I can't wait.

NRA Endowment Member