Thread: Nomad stock.

Nomad stock.

My wife picked one up for me.

I like it, it feels solid, but it's all plastic, the pistolgrip is too smooth, the plastic sights are crap, the mag sticks & the stock is too low for a cheek weld. It also comes with a new bolt catch and extended mag latch.

So, I'll have to get some bx25 mags for it.
    Replace the rails and sights with metal ones.
    Pull out the files, sandpaper and razors for minor fitting.
    Get a slip on grip, afg, maybe a metal handguard, sling adapter and a matrix cheekpad with built in molle.
    And last, paint.

I figure a camo patter with tan, green, and brown.
    I just don't know if I should go tiger, bdu or overlays?

The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Just be warned, everything but the screws, springs & pins are plastic.... even the fake suppressor.

I had to mill out some plastic & the rail off the receiver (a stock 22 would of dropped right in). Once the epoxy cures, the final fitting started. After that, I ran a few blanks in for function.

My gripe is the magwell and safety selector are fake (in red) and can't be removed the charging handle needs to be replaced with a longer one, but this will do for now.

There's storage, but I don't know what I would put in there

Very tight fit

This is how it looks with the front guard and mag:

The mag looks nice, but the feed lips are plastic & I know that wont last long.
    The drums won't fit and the stock (10 round) mags would have to be adjusted to pull them out.

I may have to buy some airsoft mags and mend them with some 25 round steel-lip mags.
    The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

The sights I got for cheap, was just that..... cheap.
    So I'm gonna use my 552 clone on it & that needs to be painted.

The dark green was used as a primer & I printed up a leaf template to get the main colors on.

Once that's done I'll use some live pine to blend in a bit better:

Hopefully, it will show clearly.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Looking good.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

This is where I'm at now:

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

Looks much better.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.