Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lest we forget our friends!

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    My thanks to Admin for adding Lupeloff and Smegma. I remember BrianCav from way back...maybe the first member to pass on...sadly for some reason life got too hard for him. LUPELOFF'S daughter was the one shot in a hold up and almost died. She was a member here also. Smegma had a different user name when he finaally had to leave the forums...I think he suffered a stroke.

R I P all of you that have passed on to Valhalla

I had not heard about Custer.

"Don't Squat with your spurs on"

was_peacemaker
    I was friends with SALBO and he really helped me a lot on a personal basis with my drinking problem at the time. In fact some of my best gunshow fun was with him. That was my buddy and I miss him a lot. I remember shooting silenced handguns out his office window and weed eating around his house! Man, that was a job! But, he paid me well. LOL I remember one time I was helping in his shop and the air compressor for the aluminum oxide went out! Talk about a mess of things! I had two SAR-1's a SAR-2, and a Rem. 870 to finish.

I remember helping him find parts and deals at shows, and loading ammo up for him. I bought my dad a mint Yugo SKS from SALBO about 5 years ago that to this day is unfired. It will always stay in the family.

I remember Lupeloff. There was a local lawyer here in town that was a friend of SALBO's and mine. Good ole Lupeloff sent that lawyer a much needed part practically free to fix his gun. I hate to hear about the other guys passing. May God rest their souls.
    Last edited by was_peacemaker; 01-25-2012 at 12:20 PM.

Well fellas, the forum looks like it is back! Missed you guys the last few years!

Quote Originally Posted by stubbicatt View Post
    Well fellas, the forum looks like it is back! Missed you guys the last few years!
    back!
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

I've been really missing Salbo lately.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

damn, was just reading this again and thought, what happened to jmb? then someone posted the answer and it all started coming back to me.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlack View Post
    Anybody remembers BrianCav?
    Yep. I emailed his father once or twice. I didn't realize some on the list had died, particularly C4550. Zouave and Redstar were good friends. Rick especially. We exchanged personal items, I still have a couple WWII rifles he sent me and a bunch of pics of him and Linda. Miss you Rick.
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 09-13-2012 at 05:43 AM.

Well I can say the rumors of my demise are premature. LOL

smegma a stroke???? That guy was a prolific poster, something like 40K of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    I see him posting on another board quite a bit, but I'm not opening that "other board" can of worms just now
    arfcom (ar15)??

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post

For those of us that migrated from board to board through the last eight or ten years, please remember Ernie "Custer" Hirsh in your prayers. He was a real gentleman and knowledgable collector.

He passed away on February 2d after a valiant struggle against lung cancer. He was laid to rest this morning. He will be sorely missed within our collecting fraternity.

Rest well Ernie, you deserve it.
    Very sorry to hear about Ernie passing. In a former life I purchased several pieces of equipment from the company Ernie used to run in Cincinnati. That's where we first met.

Noah

I want to say I am thankful to have known a few of these men. Rick (REDSTAR) and Richard (Zouave) were very hands on and wanted so bad to form and create the Curio n Relic forums. There passion was contagious and I miss them dearly. I still talk to Richard's wife (Maria) and two sons (John & Richie) couple times a month on Facebook. They are doing great with lots of family & friends around them. Have never heard from Rick's wife but I am sure she is doing fine.

It is 2013 and I miss these guys. I am going to start teaching my older son everything about Guns Network in how to run and manage the week to week responsibilities as well and the accountables / store and online accounts. Should something happen to me. We still need majority of our membership to step up and help us out as we no longer have companies advertising. We are depending on the members to step up. I am tired of companies saying one thing and then doing another...

Our community needs you, help contribute by clicking on MEMBERSHIP UPGRADE CENTER at the top in the middle.....

Guns Network Staff
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    The most recently revised government version of anything supersedes all evidence to the contrary past, present or future. That's a working definition of authoritarianism.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by rgmcl View Post
    Anyone know how DoorGunner is doing?
    His son/daughter? just posted over at DDB

DorGunR has passed away.
    Complications from the flu
    Last edited by Full Otto; 01-15-2013 at 11:02 PM.
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    His son/daughter? just posted over at DDB

DorGunR has passed away.
    Complications from the flu
    Very Sad about DorGunR.... Prayers sent to his family...
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    The most recently revised government version of anything supersedes all evidence to the contrary past, present or future. That's a working definition of authoritarianism.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Team GunsNet Gold 05/2011

It was his son. R.I.P. DorGunR.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Just added another member of this site that will be sorely missed.

RIP Old Grump

Bob (Old Grump) wanted to be cremated and there will be no service. His ashes will be spread on the gun range at his home. My brother Mike and I will give him a 2 gun salute with our M1 Grand rifles, per Bobs request. We would like to thank everybody for their comments, knowing that you will all miss him as much as we do. Thanks again,

James01

Wow. I've been gone for a long time. Long enough that I had to register and get my name back. I spent most of my time in the C&R section, and am saddened to see the names of all of the regulars I used to interact with so often, gone.

Just kinda letting this set in, and am saddened.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast