Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Acquisition

Neat old rifles. I have no facts to back me up, but the posting about parts failure at 540 rounds does not seem credible to me.

I'm really happy with mine. I went ahead and bought the stainless piston and cup and the gas tool. The old gal shot high at the last range outing. I'll take my SKS sight tool and get the elevation dialed in, maybe this weekend.

I've posted elsewhere about it. I'll probably keep this one.

Ok. A very brief range report. Sunday was glorious. Sunny, warm, just fantastic.

Took the old girl, 150 rounds of ammo and proceeded to get the elevation dialed in. From there, she shot to the point of aim to about 500 yards or so. Close up we shot at clay pigeons and further away on the hillside, at old stumps. She seems accurate enough, and was a whole lot of fun.

Something I don't understand is that when cleaning the barrel, my brushes seem to be picking up some form of cloth or paper type material in the bristles. None of the patches I push through her appears shredded in any way, so I don't know where these little fragments are coming from. Whole lotta cosmoline leached out of that flat piece in the gas block that holds the barrel extension in place. It wiped right up, but there was a lot of it oozing out.

Neat old rifle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12