Thread: If obummer wins...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Question If obummer wins...

I've seen some posts on other boards where people are asking "what gun to buy if obummer wins the election?".

Well, my reply was don't wait... get what you need now if you need it.

And my second comment was that I'd probably buy some decent NV equipment/compatible sighting as that's one hole in my prepps.

Being able to operate at night is a huge tactical advantage...

So, you guys that are UP on this please give some input at to what to look at.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    I've seen some posts on other boards where people are asking "what gun to buy if obummer wins the election?".

And my second comment was that I'd probably buy some decent NV equipment/compatible sighting as that's one hole in my prepps.

I went with a 5 power Gent II+ rifle scope. I should have done it diffirently. Get a good Gen II or better one power that can be used in multiple applications. Something that could be attached to headgear so you can operate hands free at night but could also be attached to your rifle in combination with a scope would be much better.

That's what I was thinking.... go with a personal NV unit(s) and just be sure to have enough NV compatible sights.

Bluntforce, I agree to have that covered but I think being dark capable is also very important if you've got the basics covered...

I'm focusing on simple things like revolvers. I figure once the commie in chief signs over our rights, they'll be in big demand for the futhure.

What type of threat do you believe you will employ your nv capabilities against?

Quote Originally Posted by Viking350 View Post
    What type of threat do you believe you will employ your nv capabilities against?
    Uh, the kind that comes at night. Obviously.

Ask yourself what will transpire if obummer wins the election. Ask yourself what he's already done and what he will do if he's got nothing to lose politically.

About the only thing that I am really deficient in is the capability to sight my weapons at night. That's a hole in the armor.

Uh, the kind that comes at night. Obviously.

Ask yourself what will transpire if obummer wins the election. Ask yourself what he's already done and what he will do if he's got nothing to lose politically.

About the only thing that I am really deficient in is the capability to sight my weapons at night. That's a hole in the armor.
    So you think nv will help you against a well armed and trained military or law enforcement? One man?

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Illuminated optics and detachable flashlight mounts can be a cheaper way to give yourself night capabilities.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Gonna buy me a bullet for my gun...hmmm, maybe I should get one of them there new fangled guns where you can load more than one bullet at a time.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Illuminated optics and detachable flashlight mounts can be a cheaper way to give yourself night capabilities.
    Well, yes but it doesn't replace the NV.

I was hoping that replies would be more towards suggested equipment or configurations.

So you think nv will help you against a well armed and trained military or law enforcement? One man?
    Where are you getting that?

If you would like to make a case for being unprepared, that is fine, but you are attempting to take this thread OT.

So, comment on the topic or find some other post to comment in. The question at hand is what NV equipiment do you recommend?

Or at least in general, what kind of configuration... personal or weapons mounted... that kind of thing.
    Last edited by O.S.O.K.; 07-15-2012 at 03:03 PM.

I recently read an article about that very subject. What can one person with a handgun do against a trained military? While I don't remember the whole article the gist of it was, if one person with a handgun takes out one lone military person then he has access to that persons rifle and ammo. Now he has a handgun and rifle and ammo or grenades etc.. Now he can either arm others or take out other larger targets at longer ranges, before long one person with a gun turns into an army.
    The article was written by a former U.S. special forces expert in guerrilla warfare about how one person with a gun can change the course of a war then compared that with all the civilian owned guns in America and made a strong case for just one person with a gun. He also gave many historical examples such as Vietnam and Afghanistan and how just a few people with a gun stopped whole Armies such as the Russians in Afghanistan.
    So yes, one person with a gun can make a huge difference.
    Last edited by operator61; 10-26-2012 at 12:16 AM.

Good point there.

And when you think about how many people are already very well armed in this country... well...