Thread: My first AK-47 is on it's way

My first AK-47 is on it's way

I was just wondering what some of the mod's people would recommend for internals. I was planning on taking it hunting so I know I will want a Quadrail and a Bipod, but can anyone think of some internals work that would need to be done to the Saiga's parts?

Thanks in advance,

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Welcome to the board!!!

Are you buying one already converted to pistol grip & standard AK mags?

The problem is I don't know. We had to order it and I haven't had a chance to sit down with my gunsmiths yet. I think it is pistol grip converted.

So according to the guys at my gun store I hit the jack pot. I got pistol grip and modified for standard AK magazines, it came with 2 30 round clips, a cleaning rod, a pill box to hold all my tips. It is pretty good but like all factory guns when I got it home i had to do some work. after disassembling and cleaning the dust cover wouldn't go back on so I had to do some modification to where the stock met the frame. I now realize that from the start the dust cover was never properly on and now it slides in like a dream after a little filing. Cant tell how pleased I will be til first firing day, but right now excitement shall reign. I cant wait til I get the money to do the Rail and Bi-pod work on it :-D

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2012 videodon's Avatar

Welcome...and ENJOY!
    видеодон

Sounds like a good deal. Saigas are nice rifles.

So, one month and an additional $300 later I have my AK right where I want it :-D Gone is that shitty tiny plastic stock, I replaced it with a really nice six position/with cheek rest, and it's collapsable. I added a Qudra Rail upfront, pinned to that is my Bi-Pod and Fore Grip, I got a super lowprofile rail mount for my scope, it's quick release so when I get a red dot and Magnifier I can swap out, I got Low profile rings for my scope, and put a nice Redfield Scope on there just to complete the picture :-D.

A little tactical for my tastes in AKs but if your happy... Glad you are liking it. Hows is it grouping?

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Belated welcome to the group !!!

As ELC stated, as long as you are happy with it, that is all that matters.

Enjoy and how about a picture or two of your personal cre-AK-tion?

** Contributor 01/2013 **

Just make sure its 922 compliant since you made it tactical. Its the (stupid) law.

Some land owners don't like high capacity mags. If you go hunting, get either 5 round or 10 round shortie mags.

AK-47 the number one battle rifle in the world that are currently available in the United States. US began building attractive semi-automatic “American” AK-47s and AK-74s by replacing the stamped receiver and trigger group only.
    aged care queensland
    Last edited by Wiktor; 04-20-2013 at 11:48 AM.