Thread: Finally shot my Poly AKS!

Finally shot my Poly AKS!

Just a little update guys, I went "plinking" with a few guns a few days ago and I really enjoyed shooting my "like new" AK. I had earlier discussions with people in this forum about whether or not to shoot the rare and potential "safe queen" (poly aks galil side folder) or to shoot it. I decided to take that rifle out and I shot about 200 rounds.

I must say I really enjoyed it and it was the first time to shoot an Ak (variant), period. Just like I read on this forum the trigger was as smooth as silk. The overall feeling of the weapon I had afterwards was that I felt confident in its realiabilty and It was obviously a well made rifle.

The bottom line is, it was not going to sit in my closet (or safe) only to stare at (and be glamourized) and wonder what this weapon was capable of. If I decided to not shoot it and safe queen it, I still would have said screw it a year later and went out to shoot it.

Thanks guys
    I'm what Willis was talking about.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I would bet Bush1 is thrilled that he banned these because if people found out how nice they were (and still are) the Chinese wouldn't have been able to build them fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaslammer09 View Post
    I decided to take that rifle out and I shot about 200 rounds.
    It's a dilemma deciding that, and if someone pays full price as an investment they may be hesitant, but with the deal you got on that it's still safe to say you'll get your money back, and probably more, if you ever decide to part with it.
    If you got it to shoot have fun, that's what it's made for.

You got me Jonesin' again, thanks a lot
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

oh yea Full Otto, here lately I'm always jonesin' for.. another AK! or the latest hyped up firearm for that matter (I love guns period). I don't reget shooting my Ak rifle, and I keep telling myself "I love my Polytech Ak and I will NEVER sell it", but you never know!

Have a good one guys.. Stay alert, stay alive.

Cheers
    I'm what Willis was talking about.

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

Nothing wrong with taking it out and shooting it. Like buying a fancy sports car and just letting it sit in the garage.
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.