Thread: DPMS LR-308T: first range day with improvements.

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

DPMS LR-308T: first range day with improvements.

I recently made some improvements to my LR-308T. It got a Geisselle SD3G trigger, a JP captured spring buffer, and swapped the A2 stock for a carbine length buffer tube with a Magpul CTR. I used my YHM Phantom 7.62 suppressor today, but ran full-power ammo because I wanted to try out the reset on the Geisselle trigger and see how the JP buffer performed (subsonic stuff doesn't cycle the rifle).

The Geisselle is a drastic improvement over the factory DPMS trigger. Some reviews mentioned people having issues with unintentionally firing second and third rounds due to the short reset. I didn't have that issue, just a light, smooth, and fast trigger. Very pleased.

The JP buffer was incredibly smooth. Mainly noticed the lack of sound from the spring inside the buffer tube, especially running suppressed.

Great morning at the range. I also tried out my new Poseidon .45 suppressor (posted in the Class III forum) and ran some rounds through the LAR Grizzly .45 Win Mag.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

You forgot the photos! Now get back in here and do it right!

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    You forgot the photos! Now get back in here and do it right!
    Here's the case I used to carry my rifle to the range today:

Here's the hearing protection and glasses I wore:

Here's the rifle, if anyone is interested:
    Last edited by nfa1934; 08-12-2012 at 04:09 PM.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Now you did it up right!