Thread: price check on a poly tech AK

price check on a poly tech AK

hello,

I have a friend who has a poly tech AK-47/s rifle and he is trying to find out what it is worth. I would say the rifle is in fair condition, it has some wear on the metal and the stock has a lot of the finish worn off. The rifle was imported by KFS Atlanta, GA. There is no bayonet lug or muzzle break. If anybody can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Ar-Eric

no bayo lug?
    post ban are guns $600 maybe
    admit nothing
    deny everything
    make counter accusations

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Welcome to the group !!!

By no muzzle brake, is the muzzle threaded and it has a muzzle nut on it? The Legends were marked AK-47/S and didn't have a visible bayo lug since the bayo locked onto the front sight cleaning rod holder.

We need more info to help. Is it a milled receiver as the name implies?

Thanks for the welcome imanaknut, i was a member years ago but had to sign back up for some reason. The rifle does have a muzzle nut on it and it is also a milled receiver. I do not have internet so i have to use a friends computer, so it will take me a day or so to respond. thanks for the help guys.

imanAknut, I have pictures of the AK, would it be ok if i send them to you so you can take a look at them?

Quote Originally Posted by ar-eric View Post
    Thanks for the welcome imanaknut, i was a member years ago but had to sign back up for some reason. The rifle does have a muzzle nut on it and it is also a milled receiver. I do not have internet so i have to use a friends computer, so it will take me a day or so to respond. thanks for the help guys.

If the rifle has a muzzlenut then it looks like you may have a Polytech Legend. Right now they go from $1600-$2200 depending on condition and accessories. Just make sure it's not a milled MAK 90. Then it's worth around $700-$900.

Thanks TB215, I talked to my friend yesterday and he brought out a bayonet he had found. We tried it and it locked right onto the rifle. I am going to let him know that it appears to be the polytech legend. I really appreciate all the help you guys have given me.

Ar-Eric

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Eric, I am currently "off base" right now, but you can upload the pictures to our website, or any of the many free sites on the web, and then post them here or link the web address here.

Just kind of hacking in from a friends pc right now, don't have full access.

From your description it does sound like a legend. A milled receiver does not have any rivets in the barrel end, and has a large rectangle milled into the receiver on either side above the mag opening. A stamped rifle is obviously a piece of folded sheet metal, with rivets holding the front trunion in place, and an oval shaped dimple on either side just over the mag opening.

Legends in fair condition are still bringing in over $1000.

If it has a bayo fang, threaded muzzle, milled receiver, and is imported from Keng's then it surely should be a Legend.

Pretty much the AK every collector wants or Top Shelf.