Thread: New VEPR Receiver Adapter System (RAS) allows for aftermarket furniture

New VEPR Receiver Adapter System (RAS) allows for aftermarket furniture

Thought users of this forum might be interested, I hear a lot asking about changing out the stock on VEPR's with their different angle cut receivers. PM if you have questions.

BOARBanner.jpg
    W

what front handguard is that? is that the ultimak handguard or the midwest industries handguard?

Won't you post some details?
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Sorry fellas, long day at work. That my friends is a VEPR in 5.45x39. I have the RAS system completing the receiver to allow for a generic skeletonized stock to lighten it up. There's a PalmUS grip. The forend is an Ultimak standard bolt up design and I've threaded a Tapco brake using one of our DIY brake kits. If you go to our site and search the how to videos on our MEDIA page you'll see this same rifle with a Midwest Industries forend in FDE. We have those in stock now in both black or FDE, machined to fit the VEPR's. On the Muzzle Brake videos you'll notice we just added a Parabellum Armament rail and Trijicon red-dot. We hope to see our ATF papers return in the next week or two with our stamp to cut the barrel to 12.5". I'll post more pics once we do that.
    WW

I'm sure there is much interest in aftermarket support for the VEPR. Care to post a link to your web site?
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    I'm sure there is much interest in aftermarket support for the VEPR. Care to post a link to your web site?

You can find us at www.fire-4-effect.com and our sister company at www.mwmtactical.com

Let us know if you have any questions or requests.
    WW

Anything available to assist in the installation of a standard wood stock on my Vepr?

I might've missed it, if so can you give me a link?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by John Fritz View Post
    Anything available to assist in the installation of a standard wood stock on my Vepr?

I might've missed it, if so can you give me a link?

Thanks.
    Sure! Go to my site at www.fire-4-effect.com and navigate to the MEDIA page. There you'll find videos demonstrating how to install the RAS system. You can see that once the RAS is installed, you can place a generic AK wooden stock in any VEPR.

Contact me direct if you have further questions via my website.

Thanks
    WW

Quote Originally Posted by Fire4Effect View Post
    ... There you'll find videos demonstrating how to install the RAS system. ...
    Thanks! Watched all three videos. I'll be in touch to purchase the stock adapter. I'd love to install the brake and I don't have any problems accomplishing the task. My issue is that I do not have access to a press. I'll have to think about that a little bit.

But again, thanks and good job on the videos. I hope the word gets out about you to all the new VEPR owners that will be out there.

J
    Johnnie F. - recovering Statist
    ----------------------------------------------
    Have you read TheTruthAboutGuns.com today?

Quote Originally Posted by John Fritz View Post
    Thanks! Watched all three videos. I'll be in touch to purchase the stock adapter. I'd love to install the brake and I don't have any problems accomplishing the task. My issue is that I do not have access to a press. I'll have to think about that a little bit.

But again, thanks and good job on the videos. I hope the word gets out about you to all the new VEPR owners that will be out there.

J
    I use a press to get that front site off mainly because I have one and it's very controllable. If all you have is a vise and a hammer you could do it with that too. Be sure to put some soft metal on the end of the barrel like brass or aluminum. Tighten the vise just enough to rest the site on but not clamp the barrel itself. Then bang away.... Now, you can get a press exactly like mine from Harbor Freight for $200. You can go with the lighter but adequate 12 ton press for just $129. Go get the press. You won't use it often but they're really handy when you need them.
    W

So will this work for ANY Vepr -- Including the old ZDF guns? I'm contemplating doing some updating to mine.
    The gun-toting practitioner of the Middle Path.

Quote Originally Posted by AK again View Post
    So will this work for ANY Vepr -- Including the old ZDF guns? I'm contemplating doing some updating to mine.
    Yessir! We've used all of our components on all of our own VEPR's which are all the original ZDF/Robinson imports. See the pics on our site.... those are all ZDF's.

Wingfield out!