Thread: Trying to Find Good Rear irons for Samson front

Trying to Find Good Rear irons for Samson front

I am getting a Samson front HK style and am trying to figure what better options I have other than a basic peep.
    I know Troy makes a rear sight that is square or diamond shaped instead.
    Something for faster sight picture for old eyes.Though I can see OK with peeps I would love to find something I can pick up faster but still work well with HK style front sight.
    Also need to be folding.
    Last edited by shotdown61; 08-30-2012 at 11:30 AM.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shotdown61 View Post
    I am getting a Samson front HK style and am trying to figure what better options I have other than a basic peep.
    I know Trot makes a rear sight that is square or diamond shaped instead.
    Something for faster sight picture for old eyes.Though I can see OK with peeps I would love to find something I can pick up faster but still work well with HK style front sight.
    Also need to be folding.
    Trot, who's Trot? Do you mean Troy Industries by any chance? Troy's diamond rear may be what you're looking for. They are metal, GG&G makes good rears, I use YHM rear flip ups but they are round aperatures. Really I don't see any majic in flip up BUIS irons. Mostly you need to be able to focus your eyesight when using them, if they do that they work, if they are too small and you can't see when looking through them because the image is too dim or gray then they don't. A bigger hole makes it easier on older eyes so go large.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 08-30-2012 at 06:12 AM.

Thanks for correcting my spelling.I am thinking about the Troy but not sure how it would look aiming on the HK.Ya know,fitting round pegs into square holes.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

A rear sight should almost dissappear. The front sight post tip should be in focus and the target. The eye will center objects just about automatically. Rear peeps work by focusing light by Pin-hole effect, ever make a pin hole camera or put a hole in one sheet of cardboard to use in projecting the suns image on another to view an eclipse? I would think round works better for that. The square thing probably is more like a frame to do a quick acquisition at close range, not unlike the Eotech circle with dot reticle.