Thread: non ffl holder to 3ffl

Unhappy non ffl holder to 3ffl

hi fellers...

i am in the process of trying to sell off one of my last "babies".. huge drag.

my 3ffl has lapsed, after i get back on my feet i will re-apply. a fella that is interested in my FR8 has a current 3ffl and believes that a non ffl holder can ship a long gun to a 3ffl without a "transfer".

i have always been under the impression that a NON 3ffl holder had to send a gun to a 3ffl holder through a ffl for a sale.

can i legally send a rifle to a 3ffl without transferring out through a ffl?

as a side note... i have a FR8 offered for 300. perspective buyer offered 275 for it (including shipping)... it's been a while since i have been buying/selling. is 275 a very low offer? at one time i had 4 FR8s and i dont think i paid less than 375 or so for any of them... i know money is money, but i have taken a bath on my collection (priced to sell if'n ya know what i mean) and i dont want to give away what is essentially the last piece of my collection i have to sell...

i tell myself they are only physical possessions but it's still a large sized bummer...

Thanks in advance guys!

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Take it to a Class 3 and Sell it, I just read a story on a whole Family destoried by the BATF in the latest Shotgun News. You dont want them coming after you. they never stop.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

The answer to your first question is yes.
    http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/unli...ensed-transfer

Q To whom may an unlicensed person transfer firearms under the GCA?

A person may sell a firearm to an unlicensed resident of his State, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may loan or rent a firearm to a resident of any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may sell or transfer a firearm to a licensee in any State. However, a firearm other than a curio or relic may not be transferred interstate to a licensed collector.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(d), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

We are talking C&R FFL - and yes, a C&R FFL holder can buy a qualified firearm from an out of state citizen.

The firearm will be logged into the C&R FFLs book.

This is no different than selling a gun to a dealer - other than the gun has to be a C&R.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

thanks guys!...

any comments on the price?

(wow... just noticed my post count must have zeroed out at some time... was it when the site was revamped, or sold, or wutever all that hullabaloo was a while back?)

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

A little light in my opinion. When CETME's were pretty hot on the market a few years age the FR7 & FR8 went to premium, but have leveled. I was always going to add them to my CETME's but never have. I always seem to buy something else when I start pick one up...

if'n i am asking 300, and someone lowballs me at 275, am i in the wrong if i get and accept an offer for the full 300 after i get the low offer (assuming i have not accepted the lower offer already)

all my sales (and purchases used to be to gunsnet folks, which i always felt good about... this time not the same ...

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

I would think $325-$350 for an FR-8 would be the going rate depending on condition. As far as his offer, low or not if it hasn't been accepted it's still just an offer to be accepted or declined at will.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

They going $400 around here in immaculate condition w/accessories.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

just did a straight up trade for a very nice Norinco SKS with the extended 20 round mag... complete with big chinese star on it... the boy is going to love it...