Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I sure hope that ammo will be realy valuable if things go south...

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Uber, I have no dispute with what you just posted... other than you completely missed my point (editing it out in fact) and went on to say what you wanted to say regardless.

Fine - just next time, post your own physical fitness thread instead of continually jacking other people's threads.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by Lysander View Post
    Hehe, the last time I mentioned something like that I was called an "asshole" and told how mean I was.
    Yea, he basically will skirt around the issue now.

Sometimes I get the idea that this survival forum is much like ray charles being a race car driver.

In all honesty, I can see some ISOLATED skirmishes where a group of pissed off people are shootin' back at the government... but there will NOT be another revolution.

Why?

Because the government controls the military, and in spite of what's been discussed before, soldiers will follow their orders and put civilians in FEMA/Concentration camps if ordered to do so.

Civilians cannot go head to head with a couple AR15's or AK's converted to full auto... We have no tanks, no jets, no support.

What was the operation the german's tried to use to overthrow Hitler (you saw the Tom Cruise movie, Valkyrie)? Their national guard was to take jurisdiction and control over the military or something... that's what it'd take to overthrow the US current government. We'd need the military on our side, and I don't see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ducati View Post
    In all honesty, I can see some ISOLATED skirmishes where a group of pissed off people are shootin' back at the government... but there will NOT be another revolution.

Why?

Because the government controls the military, and in spite of what's been discussed before, soldiers will follow their orders and put civilians in FEMA/Concentration camps if ordered to do so.

Civilians cannot go head to head with a couple AR15's or AK's converted to full auto... We have no tanks, no jets, no support.

What was the operation the german's tried to use to overthrow Hitler (you saw the Tom Cruise movie, Valkyrie)? Their national guard was to take jurisdiction and control over the military or something... that's what it'd take to overthrow the US current government. We'd need the military on our side, and I don't see that happening.
    Stop it man, that is complete crazy talk.
    Reality has no place here!

Quote Originally Posted by chiak47 View Post
    I live out in the sticks
    I live in the sticks also.

Quote Originally Posted by chiak47 View Post
    it's the nomadic warrior I'm going to try to defend my family against..
    Interesting statement and I have thoughts along the same lines.

By reading these kind of threads it doesn't take a degree in rocket science to notice some folks plan on carrying a lot of weapons and a lot of ammunition for them. So I have a funny feeling the guerrilla warriors will be hungry, dirty, perhaps in need of medicine etc. All of which "preppers" have and they will want.

When a person heads out so well equipped to wage war; he can't be carrying much of anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by ubersoldate View Post
    Yea, he basically will skirt around the issue now.

Sometimes I get the idea that this survival forum is much like ray charles being a race car driver.
    Uber, I know this will surprise you, but you don't get to define every discussion.

There's nothing wrong with discussing getting and staying in shape - and I know that you dearly enjoy discussing it and badgering everybody about it.

Why don't you go hit on the guys talking about getting cheap tobacco? I think you could do a lot more good with them. I'm sure they will appreciate your input.

There are other aspects of "survival" which apparently you don't want anyone to talk about. Or that's what it seems as you continually jack just about any thread that comes up and insert your favorite topic.

Its gotten to the "troll" stage.

Why don't you see about getting a physical fitness forum going or something? That would be a positive use of your energy.
    Last edited by O.S.O.K.; 08-31-2010 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    Uber, I know this will surprise you, but you don't get to define every discussion.

There's nothing wrong with discussing getting and staying in shape - and I know that you dearly enjoy discussing it and badgering everybody about it.

Why don't you go hit on the guys talking about getting cheap tobacco? I think you could do a lot more good with them. I'm sure they will appreciate your input.

There are other aspects of "survival" which apparently you don't want anyone to talk about. Or that's what it seems as you continually jack just about any thread that comes up and insert your favorite topic.

Its gotten to the "troll" stage.

Why don't you see about getting a physical fitness forum going or something? That would be a positive use of your energy.
    The topic came up in this thread, and I commented on it. If you dont like what I post feel free to put me on ignore, I promise you two things, I wont be heartbroken, and two, I still am going to throw a dose of reality into everyone of your survival end of the world threads.

I had to edit to add this..

Since this is "just a economic thread, not a shtf" when in reality, thats all you post!
    I think we are going to see some shit sooner than later.
    I've been feeling this way for the last couple of years but it seems to be ramping up...?
    Last edited by ubersoldate; 08-31-2010 at 09:47 PM.

I still think you should go for the forum - you obviously are very much into it and would it would be a good forum.

All else aside.

And I reserve my ignore switch for LAGC, maser and the like. Sorry, but you don't make that list!

I find these threads as pure amusement.

My grandmother and my mom went to the "Tea Party" rally in DC last weekend. When I asked them why, they both said it was because all their friends were going to it.

With that, the Tea Party movement has become nothing more than a trend for middle aged people and to fuel middle aged men into some twisted dream of youthful revolt.
    Attitudes change quick when dicks are involved and faces are pushed into pillows.

Quote Originally Posted by crapshoot View Post
    With that, the Tea Party movement has become nothing more than a trend for middle aged people and to fuel middle aged men into some twisted dream of youthful revolt.
    I only watched it on TV, but I didn't see anything having to do with revolution or violence. Maybe a few "Don't Tread on Me" t-shirts, but that was about it.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charliebravo View Post
    I only watched it on TV, but I didn't see anything having to do with revolution or violence. Maybe a few "Don't Tread on Me" t-shirts, but that was about it.
    Anything Crapshot isn't in to, is BS.

to fuel middle aged men into some twisted dream of youthful revolt.
    They were fueled long before I ever heard of the Tea Party; obviously excluding the Boston one. lol

It is the Walter Mitty syndrome

Walter Mitty is a fictional character in James Thurber's short story "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty", first published in The New Yorker on March 18, 1939, and in book form in My World and Welcome to It in 1942. It was made into a film in 1947.

Mitty is a meek, mild man with a vivid fantasy life: in a few dozen paragraphs he imagines himself a wartime pilot, an emergency-room surgeon, and a devil-may-care killer. The character's name has come into more general use to refer to an ineffectual dreamer, appearing in several dictionaries.[1] The American Heritage Dictionary defines a Walter Mitty as "an ordinary, often ineffectual person who indulges in fantastic daydreams of personal triumphs".[2] The most famous of Thurber's inept male protagonists, the character is considered "the archetype for dreamy, hapless, Thurber Man".

The tea parties are about preventing revolution. Anybody that isn't involved or hasn't taken the time to look into it might think otherwise - attributing their own motivations to others given the actions taken.

The teaparty protests are about working the sytem to force change from within by setting the agenda and creating the candidates needed for the next election.

I think they are also about retired people and yes, older middle aged types looking back and wishing that they'd been more active in the past politically - and now wanting to make up for lost time.

Crapshoot is walter middy thinking he's intellegent and inciteful. He is sitting at home and making judgements and critisizing people that are out doing something positive.
    Last edited by O.S.O.K.; 09-02-2010 at 09:36 AM.

The Tea party is actually doing something. The discussion was about "middle aged men into some twisted dream of youthful revolt;" not the Tea Party.

I'm sort of lost, where did the tea party pop up from other than your post?

1. Because at the rate things are going, I'm not going to have much silver bought or debt paid down by the end of this year - or even the end of next year.

2. I'm thinking of putting a bunch of my gun collection up for sale and using the money to put into silver - or pay off the debt from my daughter's wedding and some other expenses we got slammed with recently (car repairs, son needing shit for college, etc.).

3. It's really very hard to prepare like I want to. I wish I'd started earlier.

4. I think we are going to see some shit sooner than later.

5. I've been feeling this way for the last couple of years but it seems to be ramping up...?
    1. First thing you need to do is NO MORE DEBTS! I don't know what your future holds (more weddings?), but I'd get together with my family and draw a line. Do everything possible to save money.

2. I don't blame you for wanting to sell part of your collection. However, you should be warned that it's now a buyers market for everything, in my mind at least. Therefore, you can expect to lose money. Still, if you have a specific goal in ming (ammo, silver, debt payment, survival gardening, etc.,etc.) it might well be worth it. I sold off part of my collection and now concentrate on only 4 calibers: 22lr, 9mm, 12ga., and 5.56. I don't think I have a lot of ammo, compared to some, but I do think I have a lot compared to many.

3. Avoid the violence, keep your job, and fend for yourself the best you can. Anyone with a brain should be able to outlast anyone without a brain. Throw in a steady job (most important thing), a home garden, and real frugality and you should always have a much better chance than not. Even if one loses everything, they can pick up a job, any job, and start over. Hopefully much wiser than before.

4. I think your right. I predict some violence in some areas. But mostly I see us becoming another 3rd world nation. If not, then it will likely get worse, much worse. Seriously, we're talking about the breakup of the US. Still, until it's at your doorstep, you can continue to prepare.

5. That's b/c the economy is going down, and peoples debts are coming due. The real violence will occur when people find out that this was all planned in order to usher the global agenda.

Rage

Quote Originally Posted by HDR View Post
    The Tea party is actually doing something. The discussion was about "middle aged men into some twisted dream of youthful revolt;" not the Tea Party.

I'm sort of lost, where did the tea party pop up from other than your post?
    You're kidding right? Reply #29. Of course, it was a crapshoot reply and you may simply not count that or have him on ignore...?

If you are reffering to my subject matter otherwise, the point is that the whole idea of middle aged men living some dream is simple way the hell off in left field in relation to the tea party - that's just not "it".

Rage - response 2 is why I'm holding on to them - you are right, we are at a "market low" for firearms right now. I should have sold them during the panic when bam bam was elected if I was going to do it...
    Last edited by O.S.O.K.; 09-03-2010 at 09:13 AM.

You're kidding right? Reply #29. Of course, it was a crapshoot reply and you may simply not count that or have him on ignore...?
    I'm an admin so no one is on my ignore list actually people I'd like to ignore are the ones I get to pay attention. I'm surprised you entertained such an idea that any member of any website's staff would use the ignore function.

If you are reffering to my subject matter otherwise, the point is that the whole idea of middle aged men living some dream is simple way the hell off in left field in relation to the tea party - that's just not "it".
    Is that why they sell BDUs in such big sizes? lol. Tea Party people are committed people who are hard workers. I am still wondering why you brought up the Tea Party; I am involved locally and I haven't seen a case of internet bravado there yet.

Before you head that way poking fun at "middle aged men into some twisted dream of youthful revolt" has nothing to do with middle age either... Walter Mitty was someone who would imagine he was "wartime pilot, an emergency-room surgeon, and a devil-may-care killer." A Walter Mitty would never see himself as a member of a grass roots organization such as the Tea Party. A Walter Mitty would imagine himself saving them. lol

To be clear:
    Quote Originally Posted by Charliebravo View Post
    As for the internet commandos sitting in front of the computer in their mossy oak camo with the SKS propped against the wall.......they'll probably be the first to die anyway, so it's a win-win. They'll get to be martyrs, and the rest of us won't have to listen to their mall ninja ramblings anymore.
    That is what I was referencing and to be blunt I agree with Charliebravo and Uber.

What I would like to know is how did you spin anything I said into something to do with the Tea Party? Why would I insult them as I am one of them.

The TP is a really a cool organization; the members have a focus on issues that affect us all. So far they haven't wasted their breath on this one is Green and that one clear cuts for a living.

I find these threads as pure amusement.

My grandmother and my mom went to the "Tea Party" rally in DC last weekend. When I asked them why, they both said it was because all their friends were going to it.

HDR - this is where the Tea Party was first mentioned and you commented on it with an apended quote with this: " They were fueled long before I ever heard of the Tea Party; obviously excluding the Boston one. lol

It is the Walter Mitty syndrome... etc."

So I don't understand any confusion over when the Tea Party was first brought up...

And my next post wasn't purely a retort or response to you specifically - more to idea that Tea Parties are populated by such - which is what it sounded like you were agreeing with, bringing up Walter Mitty?

If not, then I misunderstood you.

NBD
    Last edited by O.S.O.K.; 09-04-2010 at 05:56 PM.

I dont think anyone in their right mind is anti teaparty in this thread.
    Im sure there are different opinions on what they are doing, and how they are going about it, but I would think here, that even those would be FOR.

I think we are talking more about the internet tough revolution talk we see alot. Not always here either, just in general.
    Its just here, its more fun to make fun of than other places!

Agree. It did strike me as "queer" that the ascersion was being made in the first place - which should have tipped me off to look closer. Especially from HDR!

If I really want to see some of the internet tough guy BS I can go get a dose on arfcom...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast