Thread: Albanian SKS at SOG

Albanian SKS at SOG

I didnt get one when they seemed to be everywhere and they seemed to quickly dry up, I got a flyer today from SOG and decided I needed one, so just put in an order, anyone already get one, hoping they are in good shape

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

They are quite unusual. I kept mine the longest of any SKS I ever owned as it actually was the most accurate SKS I ever owned. It was doing about 1.5 MOA most of the time.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

What is SOG asking for one?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

remember when AIM had some of these as U-Fix-Em's. I think I got a pair for under $125 and they only needed about $20 in parts to make them good.

Quote Originally Posted by smittylite View Post
    remember when AIM had some of these as U-Fix-Em's. I think I got a pair for under $125 and they only needed about $20 in parts to make them good.
    I got mine from AIM as well, not a Ufixem though. Can't remember what I paid for it but IIRC they offered a couple of different grades. Mine had quite a bit of bluing loss and a fair amount of dings and dents. After some cold blue, moderate steaming, sanding and a fresh coat of BLO it still looks pretty nice and way better than when I got it.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

I can't click on any of the gun links at SGO.

Am I njot worthy? What's up with that. (Really want to take a look at their Polish 9mm pistols and that Albaninan SKS)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post
    I can't click on any of the gun links at SGO.

Am I njot worthy? What's up with that. (Really want to take a look at their Polish 9mm pistols and that Albaninan SKS)
    IIRC it was some years back that SOG started limiting access to their site to FFL holders which is why they call it a "Dealer Website". Century is the same which is one of the reasons I originally got my C&R FFL to get access to their pricing. Don't know if SOG honors C&R or not for access?
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    What is SOG asking for one?
    I just ordered it yesterday and dont recall, $325-$350, I think and it didnt say what condition, so not sure if I got a deal or got sucked in. Although I recall the old days of SOG being junk, I have probably ordered a half dozen guns from them and they have all been as advertised, so we will see I guess

IIRC it was some years back that SOG started limiting access to their site to FFL holders which is why they call it a "Dealer Website". Century is the same which is one of the reasons I originally got my C&R FFL to get access to their pricing. Don't know if SOG honors C&R or not for access?
    Yes, SOG will give you access and send you a flyer if you have a C&R; that is why I knew they had them

Makes sense. I'm not on a budget for any of these anyways. That Polish handgun is $295, dealer price. I'm in highpoint territory if anything at all...

Quote Originally Posted by oldstyle244 View Post
    I just ordered it yesterday and dont recall, $325-$350, I think and it didnt say what condition, so not sure if I got a deal or got sucked in. Although I recall the old days of SOG being junk, I have probably ordered a half dozen guns from them and they have all been as advertised, so we will see I guess
    Thank you!
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

that's still a fair price.

$300-400 nowadays will buy me another belt-fed or squad level toy though.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Team GunsNet Gold 05/2011

My Albanian is amazingly accurate. The most satisfying shot of my life was with it. I love the Fugly thing.

I got it yesterday, out of the box it looks good, it is greasy, not sure if it is cosmo or just grease, I havent had a chance to break it down and do any real inspection, but on the surface, it looks good, the wood has dings here and there, but just looks like use, no gouges or cracks that I see so far, I will knowmore when I get a chance to break it down and give it a good cleaning