Thread: AES-10b images and opinions on a problem.

AES-10b images and opinions on a problem.

I got this beast back when they were @ $400 per unit. I am really happy with deal I got considering the price jump.

My problem is that its just been in storage this whole time so I didnt notice the scope rail is crooked.

One reason I got the AES-10B was for the scope rail and heavy barrel. I was interested in seeing how much accuracy I could real out. At any rate I finally got set up to reload, got the dies, brass, (Benchmark) powder, match bullets and match primers. Then I went to laser bore site my scope and it was in the dirt.

The front of my rail is riveted to low. Afraid if I just tried to move it up I'd make a figure 8, and I dont know how a weld would affect the heat treat. Or if its possible to move the rail forward or back.

So now I am contemplating just trading it off for something else like a nice revolver. What would you do? Can century fix it 4 me? or is there a limited warranty?

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

are you sure the fronts too low? or could it be bad scope mount?

Pretty sure its the front, maybe the rear is to high. I have 2 different Bella-russian scopes I tried out on it, both work fine on my other AK siderails.

It may be easier to lower the rear but Im sill afraid of the figure 8 if I lowered the back rivet. I'm thinking it would need some weld to avoid the 8. IDK what to do