Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead Season III (Spoiler Alert)

the whole group allready has the infection the guy at the cdc tested them.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charger0122 View Post
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

lmao im just sayin!

Spoiler alert:

Meral is back in the next episode!

Quote Originally Posted by charger0122 View Post
    The infection they have is the infection which causes reanimation of the corpse shortly after death.

This is different from the infection which is transmitted from a zombie bite and kills a man.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Was disappointed in last nights episode. I guess they were trying to set some major precident or something withl Rick killing the convict leader and his actions toward Lorrie but from a purely entertainment aspect it seemed like they backslid to season 2 standards.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Was disappointed in last nights episode. I guess they were trying to set some major precident or something withl Rick killing the convict leader and his actions toward Lorrie but from a purely entertainment aspect it seemed like they backslid to season 2 standards.
    Blew their special effects wad on the season opener. Expect several "hunkered down" episodes before they can invest in another big SE episode.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Blew their special effects wad on the season opener. Expect several "hunkered down" episodes before they can invest in another big SE episode.
    Maybe.

I think the budget this season is higher. And I think next episode some major shit is going to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Maybe.

I think the budget this season is higher. And I think next episode some major shit is going to go down.
    That would rock, if true...personally I wish this series could get the budget it deserves. The reality of a series on a cable only network (that isn't HBO/Showtime) however, is usually very much different...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post

next week's should be better with the re-introduction of Merle and the addition of the chopper crash.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Just to go back abit.... I saw the season opener again and noticed the suppressor on Rick's pistol was truly odd. Upon closer inspection, I swear it was cobbled from a mag-light!
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

I think it was a mag light casing. And his son's was some sort of funnel looking thing. I guess they are trying to imply that the silencers are homemade?

In "World War Z" the hand to hand weapon designed to fight zombies was a flat shovel sort of thing.
    I was thinking that something with a T-Grip at the back would allow more thrusting power, the front would need to be smooth point so that it could be withdrawn easily.
    Using a piece of thin rebar through the eye, as one of the characters did, would work also.

They seem to have gotten much smarter about how to deal with zombies, using guns as a last resort.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sevlex View Post
    Just to go back abit.... I saw the season opener again and noticed the suppressor on Rick's pistol was truly odd. Upon closer inspection, I swear it was cobbled from a mag-light!
    Yeah I noticed that too, post # 13:

"The improvised silencers looked goofy, one being a backwards mounted mag-lite & the other some kind of silver funnel. Hollywood BS."

On some other forum this suppressor came up. I thought it was an improvised thing too, but apparently it is a real type of can. I think it was Russian in design.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Focused Gunfire View Post
    On some other forum this suppressor came up. I thought it was an improvised thing too, but apparently it is a real type of can. I think it was Russian in design.
    This guy has a home-made one.

in his other videos it shows him making it. legally of course,atleast id think so.

I can’t find the suppressor I was thinking of, but I did find this pic from the show. You can clear as day see the flashlight’s on/off button. The creator for the show apparently have said it was home made too.

rick-grimes-the-walking-dead-silencer.jpg

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

So, episode 3?

There are now lots of real rifles around (which were totally absent in Season 1 and 2). The Governor was quickly made out to be a total whackjob bad guy. He also took a shot with an M16 carbine type rifle with no rear site, and hit a running target at around 100m.

Was the helicopter shot down (presumably by the governor's men)?

Merle seems pretty legit.

I guess with so many people bitching about character development being dragged out, they decided to cut straight to the chase with him.
    Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there.
    LtGen Victor H. Krulak, USMC

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

The latest episode was pretty interesting. The Governor is a total wackjob!
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast