Thread: AMVET47

AMVET47

I just bought an M92 and have been reading posts about others who have bought AK pistols and talk about SBRing the gun. My question is how do you do that with no rear trunnion ?

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    To convert your AK pistol into an ATF approved rifle with a barrel shorter than 16 inches, you would first have to file the paperwork and pay the $200 blackmail fee for the 1934 National Firearms Act (NFA). Once you have the tax stamp in hand, you can remove the rear trunion and install a trunion for either folder or fixed stock as you wish, and keep the pistol length barrel.

In short: Tax stamp (ATF approval) first, then you have to replace the rear trunion.

And that little bit of permission will take upwards of about 6 monthsor so to get something back. If it's even legal to do so in your locale. Some ain't so friendly to the NFA.
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

I appreciate you guys info. I already know I'm going to have to pay the blackmail fee and wait the allotted time. I talked to a friend builder of mine and he didn't see how I could SBR my pistol with the existing rear trunnion. Guide me to someone who can make the conversion !
    Last edited by AMVET47; 10-24-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

The trunnion would have to be replaced. Are you wanting the original under-folder or a side folder like an Ace?

I WOULD LIKE AN UNDERFOLDER