Thread: InterOrdnance Polish Import Sporter - Any experience?

InterOrdnance Polish Import Sporter - Any experience?

I have the opportunity to get one of these AKs for a pretty good price locally ($599) and wondering if you guys had any thoughts or experience with these guns. It will be my first AK.

The seem pretty good, mostly made at the Radom, Poland plant, then obviously imported and have the obligatory US parts added. All wood furniture, chrome lined barrel, etc. The come with a 1 year warranty from IO Inc. Looks pretty legit, but everything I can find online is only about IO Incs ALL U.S. made wood sporter. Even IO Incs website doesn't list the imported one. Even talked to a customer service lady from IO and she didn't know why it wasn't on there.

I'm deciding between this or a new Yugo M70 PAP for my first AK. They are nearly the same price. I'd love to get some opinions. Planning on pulling the proverbial trigger ASAP...

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Is the receiver US made or was the rifle imported as a complete unit and then made to comply with 922(r) with IO only changing the required number of parts? If they were just the importer, the rifle would be pretty nice. I am not familiar with any true Polish imports.

Interordnance has had a pretty good reputation as far as I know, so it should be a nice rifle.

The reciever has stamped on it "Radom, Poland". My understanding was that IO just added the 922r parts. I could be wrong. Thats why I tried to call IO's customer service folks, but the girl didn't know much about it. Might try to get someone else on the line tomorrow who might know.

If you had to go with this (assuming it was an import w/ the obligatory parts added) vs. the Yugo M70 PAP, what would you do, all else being equal? Thanks.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    If the receiver is Polish there is no doubt in my mind that it would be the better choice.

I just picked one up two days ago. Its a polish made one. I took it apart and every single part is a mismatch on numbers and it was greasy and grimy on the inside and had some dirt in the bolt and carrier and i found some metal shavings inside it upon cleaning it up. The fit and finish is very good, I can just tell its made from demilled polish ak's.

Just bought one yesterday. You shoot it yet? Haven't had a chance yet. Love to hear how it functions. Guess I'll find out this weekend...

No, I havent had a chance to shoot mine yet. I may this weekend.

Well, here she is. Sophia my polish AK

Do you mind posting a few pictures of the receiver markings?

She looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Do you mind posting a few pictures of the receiver markings?

She looks good.
    sure, i'll take one but all I have is my cell phone camera. may not come out that great.