Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting At Newtown Elementary School

My bet is a moderately mentally ill person who was on phych meds. The pills they are pushing on people to "fix" their problems often push them over the edge. I believe that is a common factor in many of these incidents.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    2 shooters = terrorism ~

Diesel 88888888

Exactly what I was thinking.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

I have no words to describe the sadness that I feel.

I'm reminded of a small town somewhere in Texas that made national news a number of years ago. Because they were so rural they decided it would be a good idea to have their teachers armed.

Found it: http://www.americanfreepress.net/htm...armed_148.html

As Thweatt told the local Star-Telegram: “When the federal government started making schools gun-free zones, that’s when all of these shootings started. Why would you put it out there that a group of people can’t defend themselves? It’s like saying ‘sic ’em’ to a dog.”

Teachers and staffers who want to bring their guns to the Harrold campus as an added layer of protection—when police too often have proven themselves tardy and flatfooted in deadly school shootings, including those at Virginia Tech University and Columbine High School in Colorado—have to be certified by the state of Texas to carry a concealed handgun, and get crisis training and permission from school officials.

Ammunition that ricochets minimally may be required. Thweatt will not say how many of the 50 or so teachers and staff members will be armed this fall. He does not want students or potential attackers to know.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Reporting that 18 of the dead are children. Whoops, already reported on the first page.

Did see that they recovered a 9x19 Glock and a Sig as well as a .223 rifle. Said the shooter was 20 years old and they aren't sure yet who killed the shooter so perhaps something indicates he didn't commit suicide but rather was shot by someone else.
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 12-14-2012 at 02:00 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    More reports from CT is that there might be more dead related to the shooter away from the school. Nothing concrete yet.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    More reports from CT is that there might be more dead related to the shooter away from the school. Nothing concrete yet.
    This is starting to sound like a custody battle gone horribly wrong.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Now saying the person found dead in a home might be the shooter's mother.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    My bet is a moderately mentally ill person who was on phych meds. The pills they are pushing on people to "fix" their problems often push them over the edge. I believe that is a common factor in many of these incidents.

I noticed this insanity all seemed to start in the '80s when Reagan decided the feds weren't gonna fund mental hospitals anymore. They basically emptied out the looney bins and just sent them out into the world.

Now generally I'm a fan of Reagan and smaller govt. in general but this was a bad idea.

Treating them with meds whilst they live and breed in the general population over the last 30 odd years has not worked out as well as we might have hoped.

But I guess it's easier and cheaper to blame it on guns than to keep lunatics locked up.

Just heard of what happened, sad incident. The MSM is not going to let people mourn. I flipped on the rotbox and MSNBC was beating the war drums robustly. What I’m trying to say is despite our differing beliefs, we are all freedom lovers. We know gun control does not work. Prepare, all of us, for though we don’t want to now we must once again fight for our rights.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

I think we're just a society in decline. We are morally and now financially bankrupt. Personal responsibility is no longer instilled in our youth and in it's stead is dependency on government and everyone but ones self. The weak of mind and will are cultivated and nutured instead of being identified, treated and maintained apart from normal society. Everyone has to be the same and individuallity is supressed. When you remove the human experience from humanity you cease to be human.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

I think as we get more towards 12-21 we're going to see more and more kooks come out of the woodwork.

not just here , but around the world.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

This is horrible. Heck. I don't know how old many of you guys are, but us older guys remember the San Ysidro shooting in 1984 (the MacDonalds) and the Stockton Schoolyard shooting in 1989 (which prompted the import sporting clause ban and actually paved the way for the term "assault weapon" to enter the lexicon of the anti gunners and media). It's sickening when these sick fuckers target kids. It makes me want to throw up. If only an adult with a loaded firearm could have shot these fuckers as soon as they tried to do these heinous acts.

As bad as this is, the survivors will have to go back to school tomorrow. I can't comprehend what it is going to feel like going back into that school.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    As bad as this is, the survivors will have to go back to school tomorrow. I can't comprehend what it is going to feel like going back into that school.
    There will be no classes at that school for several weeks.

Police in New Jersey are reporting finding the body of the gunman's father. They are pretty sure the person dead in the Newtown CT house was the shooter's mother.

no classes till 2013 I would say.

This makes me sick, literally. Why do people do this kind of thing. This scum bag was a father, how could he kill innocent children and people.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    I think we're just a society in decline. We are morally and now financially bankrupt. Personal responsibility is no longer instilled in our youth and in it's stead is dependency on government and everyone but ones self. The weak of mind and will are cultivated and nutured instead of being identified, treated and maintained apart from normal society. Everyone has to be the same and individuallity is supressed. When you remove the human experience from humanity you cease to be human.
    I agree. The more moral and spiritual decline the more this type of thing is going to happen. It really started in the 60's and has been getting worse.

Who or what is programming these people? I cannot believe that even irrational psychopaths would intentionally harm children on a grand scale. This is happening to often. I am not normally a conspiracy hound, but I know enough about human psychology and how easy it is to "program" certain individuals into violence. I am just seeing too many coincidences here. I am not pointing fingers at any entity or establishment yet. Still I am well within my right to speculate.

I dont' speculate, I see a "pattern"
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast