Thread: OLD GRUMP Memorial 50 YARD RIMFIRE AND BATTLEFIELD RIFLE MATCH

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin

OLD GRUMP Memorial 50 YARD RIMFIRE AND BATTLEFIELD RIFLE MATCH

Rules are simple, no need for a lot of explaining.

1: Target will be as posted.
    2. All rifles will use iron sights only, no electronics, no optics, no lasers.
    3: Rimfire rifle. Will compete against rimfire rifles only. I don't care if its .17, 22 or 32. it it's a rimfire rifle it's eligible. (Rim fire, not rimmed case}
    4: Battle Rifle. (centerfire only), It only needs to be a battle field rifle, age doesn't matter, if it was used by an army it counts.
    5: Offhand only to keep it simple.
    6: 10 shots per each match on each target. Picture of gun and ammo posted with the target would be appreciated.
    7: Post targets by the 25th of the month to be counted for that month. Late entries will be scored for the following month.

The January Match starts now.

use this target

Last edited by old Grump; 05-25-2013 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Changing the rules

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Thanks Grump. I hope we have more than just us shooting this time.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

I just hope I can get a few of my 10 shots on paper, the last time we did this it was warm outside and my legs were in better shape. Now I have to stand in 20" of snow. All those rednecks south of the Mason Dixon Line have a huge advantage.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

If I had access to a 50 yard range, I'd break out my K31 and see if I can still hit anything.

Quote Originally Posted by cevulirn View Post
    If I had access to a 50 yard range, I'd break out my K31 and see if I can still hit anything.
    You can come up and use mine, how do you feel about snow? Just bring ammo you can use my 22 and my brothers K31.

THUCYDIDES.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cevulirn View Post
    Charlie Elliot Wild Life Center in Mansfield, GA. Use to be free but now you need a hunting license or Wild Life Center pass / permit. A 3 day is $6 bucks, a yearly is $22. They have a covered 25 to 50 yard line for pistols and rifles and a covered 50 to 100 yard for rifles. Shooting benches at each firing point. Bring targets and a staple gun, they provide the racks and cardboard backer.

BTW Old Grump, how big is that black in inches. Looks kind of small for 50 yards and iron sights.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 12-27-2012 at 05:53 PM.

It is 4 5/8" across the black, the scoring ring comes out to 7 5/8". I figured if I can can keep most of my shots inside 8" at 100 yards with iron sighted handguns we should be able to keep them on paper with rifles at 50 yards. Of course I have been wrong before and might possibly be wrong again in the foreseeable future but lets try it and if nobody likes it we can open the floor for suggestions and a different target for February.

It's going to be snowing tomorrow but if it isn't coming down to heavy I am going to shoot mine and see how it goes. I'm not expecting high scores, if I can put 10 on paper I will be happy. The young sharp eyed guys should eat us old fogeys up.

THUCYDIDES.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

i can shoot 22lr across the street for 25 yds, but i dont have an unscoped one, and i thnk id draw some complaints shooting a high powered rifle in the middle of town