Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok there are two Fudd guns I must have.

was_peacemaker

Ok there are two Fudd guns I must have.

Winchester Model 70 Featherweight in .300 Win. Mag and a Ruger Super Redhawk in .454 Casuall. First I am going to get my Beretta 92 F/S but these two Fudd guns are on my to do list. Also need to get a good lever action like a Winchester Model 94.

The model 70 has to be one of the finest firearms ever to grace this planet. I have a model 70 in 30.06. Has to be my number 1 gun. I have 2 model 94's also. One in 30.30 & one in 357. The 357 is just a bad ass gun. All 3 will stay with me until....

Rochester, New York, United States, Rochester, New York
    Quote Originally Posted by was_peacemaker View Post
    Winchester Model 70 Featherweight in .300 Win. Mag and a Ruger Super Redhawk in .454 Casuall. First I am going to get my Beretta 92 F/S but these two Fudd guns are on my to do list. Also need to get a good lever action like a Winchester Model 94.
    I'm looking for a model 94 in 30-30 had 2 chances on armslist $350 each, missed each one. Crap.
    Just me and my monkey....

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

A lever action is not a "fudd gun" it was the first multi-shot "assault rifle". Elmer Fudd was not a great hunter, he could not bag a damn wascally wabbit. I think different name is in order.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

the only guns NEEDED are the fighting guns, the rest are just toys. One pocket pistol, one military styel autorifle, with a .22lr conversion unit and suppressor for the rifle and that's it, except for playthings.

Quote Originally Posted by nikko View Post
    the only guns NEEDED are the fighting guns, the rest are just toys. One pocket pistol, one military styel autorifle, with a .22lr conversion unit and suppressor for the rifle and that's it, except for playthings.
    I Have the Guns that I NEED, Pistol (ccw close quarters) Mini carbine (backpacking, camping) .22 (squirrel rabbit) Shotgun (pheasant, Quail, duck, geese) 308 (large
    game, deer, boar) Then I have my weapons AK's SKS, Mini30, HK 308. That's what I NEED, I have TOOLS not playtthings, each has its specific job. The right tool
    for the right job!

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Ah geez, a troll, just what we needed to start they year with. Go back to your mommy's basement and play with your Nintendo little boy. What a freaking dope.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

were gun laws are finally making since!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by binky59 View Post
    I Have the Guns that I NEED, Pistol (ccw close quarters) Mini carbine (backpacking, camping) .22 (squirrel rabbit) Shotgun (pheasant, Quail, duck, geese) 308 (large
    game, deer, boar) Then I have my weapons AK's SKS, Mini30, HK 308. That's what I NEED, I have TOOLS not playtthings, each has its specific job. The right tool
    for the right job!
    you have a real hecklor and koch 308, not some clone???? you lucky dog! i freaking love that gun! the roller lock system is a great design. the germans really know there guns. if i do say so myself thats the best battle rifle ever designed!!! lucky dog!lol

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

If you get the .454 casull, get yourself a good shooting glove. Of my big bore hunting pistols ( .460 & .500 S&W ) the .454 super redhawk is the only one that blistered the web of my hand without a glove. I've fired .454 through the .460 a few times and extra weight of that revolver helps to mitigate the snappy recoil of the .454 casull

ALl I want is a Marlin Full size 444 and Rem model 8 in 35 remington.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Would't mind one of these myself;

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post
    Would't mind one of these myself;
    Dr. G what is that?

Quote Originally Posted by nitewatcher View Post
    Dr. G what is that?
    It's a schuetzen rifle for old school competitive target shooting. (Euro-style!)

They're usualy built on a rolling block or falling block action and custom tuned from the caliber on up per shooter's specs. Ornate carvings and etching seem to be tradition.

Schuetzenman knows a lot about these. Even had a really cool home project he posted on the old site IIRC. The stock he was carving was an incredible piece of art!

nobody needs to hunt, that is just a "want". If you NEEDED the meat, you'd take the young and females, all year long, using flashlight and bait, snares, etc, ignore bag limits, use a silencer and so on, you don't, cause it's just SPORT. Since you can't CARRY the entire toolbox, you have to settle for the " leatherman " of longarms, which is the shorty AR, with a .22 unit. you can't believe the diff a subsonic rd and a suppressor makes, for hunting, guys. :-) It just has to be experienced for you to understand. Nobody has to take birds on the wing, that's just a snob appeal thing that has been accepted for so long that nobody questions it.

Trolls are back

nobody needs to hunt, that is just a "want". If you NEEDED the meat, you'd take the young and females, all year long, using flashlight and bait, snares, etc, ignore bag limits, use a silencer and so on, you don't, cause it's just SPORT. Since you can't CARRY the entire toolbox, you have to settle for the " leatherman " of longarms, which is the shorty AR, with a .22 unit. you can't believe the diff a subsonic rd and a suppressor makes, for hunting, guys. :-) It just has to be experienced for you to understand. Nobody has to take birds on the wing, that's just a snob appeal thing that has been accepted for so long that nobody questions it.
    Nobody NEEDS to hunt: Bullshit
    Everyone should break the law: bullshit
    Jacklight deer: I don't think so
    shoot all year: I don't think so
    use a supressor: Go to jail
    birds on the wing: yep, what do you think? I'm gonna shoot at the dog?

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

It's a schuetzen rifle for old school competitive target shooting. (Euro-style!)

They're usualy built on a rolling block or falling block action and custom tuned from the caliber on up per shooter's specs. Ornate carvings and etching seem to be tradition.

Schuetzenman knows a lot about these. Even had a really cool home project he posted on the old site IIRC. The stock he was carving was an incredible piece of art!
    Yes Dr. G has it right a Schuctzen Rifle, the first pure Target Rifle for competitive rifle competition. The Germans, Swiss, Austrians are the ones that used these the most and they actually go back to the Black Powder Muzzle Loading rifle era. I believe what Dr. G has posted is a system Aydt type action, a falling block type. Also tipping blocks like the Martini-Henry actions were used to make Schuetzen rifles.

This one is chambered in a Wildcat chamering. It is a 7 mm version of the .22 jet case. Bullet speed is about 1275 fps for a 160 gr. cast spitzer.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 01-02-2013 at 12:39 PM.

To Peacemaker, you must like abusive recoil. .300 Magnums beat the hell out of you wven in a 10 lb. rifle let alone a Featherweight. I predict you'll be getting rid of it after the first 20 round box of shells through it. You will develop an aweful flinch as a result of shooting it. Same for the 454 C revolver. Do yourself a favor and go rent one to shoot first then ask yourself do you really want to spend the money to get one, this is my advise for both weapons stated. Frankly a .30-06 is more than enough rifle unless you're going to move to Alaska and hunt Brown Bears.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Yes Dr. G has it right a Schuctzen Rifle, the first pure Target Rifle for competitive competition. The Germans, Swiss, Austrians are the ones that used these the most and they actually go back to the Black Powder Muzzle Loading rifle era. I believe what Dr. G has posted is a system Aydt type action, a falling block type. Also typing blocks like the Martini-Henry actions were used to make Schuetzen rifles.

This one is chambered in a Wildcat chamering. It is a 7 mm version of the .22 jet case. Bullet speed is about 1275 fps for a 160 gr. cast spitzer.
    Very nice. Thanks for the explanation. You too Dr. G

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post

That is a gorgeous plinker Shuetz!

That is a gorgeous plinker Shuetz!
    Thanks Dr. G. Someday I might even finish it. I want to engrave the action in a nice Germanic style. I just need to dedicate a year to practice my engraving and designing of the designs to put on the rifle. Just too busy working all the time. If I live to retirement, then maybe I'll get it done.

Nuts sometimes I think my fingers have a mind of their own. It is supposed to be tipping block like the Martini-Henry rifle actions.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 01-02-2013 at 12:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast