Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first complete builds:

Nice job on all of them. Thanks for posting them up.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Nice, but with no brass deflecter, I hope you're not a left hand shooter.
    I'm a lefty and and own a few A1s. I've never been hit by brass. Mine always lands at about 4 o'clock, but I do tune my gas systems.
    "if you jokers can't handle Bluedog's comments you are nothing but a bunch of woosies. There's a real simple way of solving your frustration. There is a place for you to click on called "Log Out" in the upper right portion of your monitor screen while you are at this website. Just click on that and don't ever log back in here and your problems are solved." --Pogo

Thanks, everyone, for the compliments! I don't know why I was so apprehensive about assembling the uppers myself. If you have an idea of what you're doing around a car/truck, these things are a piece of cake. I'm really glad I had ordered all the parts I needed before this panic BS.

NAPOTS, if you're generally happy with your barrels, but just want them lighter... places like ADCO firearms can recontour your existing barrels to what ever profile you wish. I plan on eventually sending in the barrel on my HBAR to have in recontoured to a gov't profile A2 barrel.

Schuetzenman, I'm right handed, so no worries there. Truthfully, however, I let a friend of mine (who is left handed) shoot it, and the brass just missed his face. They seem to be landing at about the 4:30 position. Judging from the marks on the forward assist, it seemed to be acting as a shell deflector of sorts. Interesting.

Here is a picture of the entire family:

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Very, very nice family photo! You can be proud of those!

Quote Originally Posted by AK-J View Post
    Thanks, everyone, for the compliments! I don't know why I was so apprehensive about assembling the uppers myself. If you have an idea of what you're doing around a car/truck, these things are a piece of cake. I'm really glad I had ordered all the parts I needed before this panic BS.

NAPOTS, if you're generally happy with your barrels, but just want them lighter... places like ADCO firearms can recontour your existing barrels to what ever profile you wish. I plan on eventually sending in the barrel on my HBAR to have in recontoured to a gov't profile A2 barrel.

Schuetzenman, I'm right handed, so no worries there. Truthfully, however, I let a friend of mine (who is left handed) shoot it, and the brass just missed his face. They seem to be landing at about the 4:30 position. Judging from the marks on the forward assist, it seemed to be acting as a shell deflector of sorts. Interesting.
    Don't tempt me I'd love to ditch some weight but that armalite hbar just shoots too nice to mess with.

Very nice

I like the pencil 20 my last build I used a DTI 20 Pencil , No other AR feels as good as that one....Very well balanced .
    Last edited by abpt1; 01-26-2013 at 02:17 PM.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Cool

AR-a-Licious!

Update: I was finally able to zero my SPR today. I've got to say, this rifle is fantastic! It reliably shoots under 1" groups @ 100yds off a bench rest (w/ 5.56 NATO 62gr Green-tip LAP). Can't wait until I can get some match ammo to try out!

Funny story; The windage didn't change from between my HBAR and my SPR, only had to adjust for elevation. I thought to was interesting.

Question

AK-J -Can you tell me more about the triggers you have on the top 2 rifles in your pic?
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    AK-J -Can you tell me more about the triggers you have on the top 2 rifles in your pic?
    They're both Super Dynamic Combat triggers made by Geissele Automatics. Link They are 2-stage triggers, designed to be dropped in just like the original FCG. The Super Dynamic trigger is straight w/ a wide face. They have a short and light take-up 1st stage, w/ a crisp 2nd stage. The "Combat" version has a heavier 2nd stage than the "Enhanced" and "3 Gun", but it is still quite light.

Kind of pricey, but I like them very much, and I can't recommend them enough.

They're both Super Dynamic Combat triggers made by Geissele Automatics. Link They are 2-stage triggers, designed to be dropped in just like the original FCG. The Super Dynamic trigger is straight w/ a wide face. They have a short and light take-up 1st stage, w/ a crisp 2nd stage. The "Combat" version has a heavier 2nd stage than the "Enhanced" and "3 Gun", but it is still quite light.

Kind of pricey, but I like them very much, and I can't recommend them enough.

How rugged/reliable are they under adverse conditions?

Also, do they work with winter time gloves? ...as in the snow and ice are beyond my junk and ass, but not yet touching my nipples...
    Last edited by Partisan1983; 06-20-2013 at 04:55 PM.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    How rugged/reliable are they under adverse conditions?

Also, do they work with winter time gloves? ...as in the snow and ice are beyond my junk and ass, but not yet touching my nipples...
    I couldn't say for sure, but they are advertised as being the Semi-auto only version of FCG that are designed to be as reliable (or maybe even more so) than the standard Mil-spec FCG.

Winter Gloves? I'm in Texas, so my winter gloves are probably not the same as yours. They work just fine as long as you don't have a B.A.D. Lever installed, but you might want to think about Geissele's SSA (Super Semi-Automatic) triggers, as they have the standard trigger profile. Those are what I have in my other two AR-15s, and the trigger pull and reset is the same.

Cool. Thanks for the info man.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Nice!

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

+1 on the Geisselle triggers. I have a Super Dynamic-3 Gun, a Super Semi-Automatic-Enhanced, and a Super Dynamic-Enhanced in three of my rifles. I only use their triggers in new builds since trying them. Definitely worth the money.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nfa1934 View Post
    +1 on the Geisselle triggers. I have a Super Dynamic-3 Gun, a Super Semi-Automatic-Enhanced, and a Super Dynamic-Enhanced in three of my rifles. I only use their triggers in new builds since trying them. Definitely worth the money.
    So what's the difference between models? Describe what is different between a Super Dynamic -3 gun and a Super Semi-Enhanced and a Super Dynamic Enhanced. I've also seen a target version.

were gun laws are finally making since!!!

that is freaking awesome!!! i am jealous as hell and want the second from top really bad!!! or the top don't matter....... or the two at the bottom... lol
    only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you..1 jesus christ..2 the american soldier.. one died for your soul the other for your freedom ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12