Thread: New Year, New cup of coffee

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin

New Year, New cup of coffee

I can't afford the gourmet stuff and I would have trouble finding any back in the woods where I live unless I get in my van and drive a hundred miles to the big city but I can make ordinary coffee taste like something a little special.

My Hamiltoin Beach Coffeemaker, Little bit of store brand coffee called Value Time and brew it up a little strong. Then a packet of instant hot chocolate mix and a sprinkle of cinnamon in my cup and I am ready. I toast me a couple of English Muffins, slap a little butter on them, real butter, I am in Wisconsin after all, topped with crunchy peanut butter or apple butter. This morning it was apple butter. When the coffee is ready I fill my mug and stir like crazy to get the chocolate mix and cinnamon to dissolve. Not exactly l;ike what you get in a fine restaurant but good enough for me. Turn on my computer and while I wait for it to boot up and my coffee to cool a bit I go out and fill all the bird feeders on my porch. Now while I read the comics and E-mail I look out the window and see my birds having their breakfast and I have mine.

Something for us veterans that I found on another site.

We need to show more sympathy for these people.
    * They travel miles in the heat.
    * They risk their lives crossing a border.
    * They don't get paid enough wages.
    * They do jobs that others won't do or are afraid to do.
    * They live in crowded conditions among a people who speak a different language.
    * They rarely see their families, and they face adversity all day ~ every day..
    I'm not talking about illegal Hispanics ... I'm talking about our troops!
    Doesn't it seem strange that so many are willing to lavish all kinds of social benefits on illegals, but don't support our troops?

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America for any amount, up to and including their life.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Rochester, New York, United States, Rochester, New York
    And my son follows in our footsteps. I'm proud to have served, and proud to have my son serve.
    Hey, somebody has to do it, some of us were just nuts enough to sign up.
    Just me and my monkey....

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Getting things ready for planting. There's a deer in the yard grazing, I'm drinking a wonderful micro-brew and my dog is at my feet. Hope all is well with you all.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Tulips finally bloomed today, 84 degrees but tomorrow it will be 49. I'm not ready but my mule and my yard tractor is.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Got a Chihuahua. Looks mighty small next to Cooper (the Lab). Putting up a new deer fence around the garden.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

cant sleep, so I thought I'd look around. Watching a movie about WW2. not much else going on.