Thread: in fact, speed matters FAR more than accuracy.

in fact, speed matters FAR more than accuracy.

You can't shoot or intimidate anyone with a gun that you don't have out and pointed at your attacker. 34 years as a life member of NRA, reading the Armed Citizen column every month, as well as the Annual Crime Survey and the FBi's Uniform Crime Report, , a fair amount of personal experience (held men at gunpoint 4x in my life) conversing with hundreds of "gun guys" (Bill Wilson, Jeff Cooper,Mas Ayoob, Ken Hackathorn, Jim Cirillo, Mike Dalton, Mike Harries, Harry Claflin, many others of IPSC fame, as well as average joes, establishes that most of the time, the defender with a GUN visible does not even have to FIRE in order to run off his attacker. Also, many more good guys win by MISSING, and that many more win by getting POOR hits, even with a "mere" .22lr. Most of the good guys don't really do much of anything right, but they win anyway, because the bad guys are even MORE inept and are cowards on top of it.

If you get shot, you are going to die of the infection, basically, if you don't get modern medical care. Med personnel MUST, by law, report all gunshot wounds to the cops. So the bad guy is going to die or go to prison if he gets shot. They all know this, which is why very few of them force you to hit them with a bullet. That is, IF you get your gun out and "on" them soon enough for them to see it and and just flee.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I dube the............................................... ... "Captain Obvious"!

Let me get this straight. You are advocating shooting wild?

Rochester, New York, United States, Rochester, New York
    So 34 years as a life member of the NRA, I call BULLSHIT!
    You can spray and pray all you want, I'll stick to what works
    for me. Oh by the way, BEAT IT TROLL!
    Just me and my monkey....

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Jeff Cooper would never, NEVER, suggest that speed mattered more than accuracy.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Neither would Hackathorn. I was shooting PPC while he was still making up the ruiles for it and it included shooting while on the move, weak hand shooting, (my first exposure to that exercise), and low light shooting. Up close, distance targets spread far apart and multiple targets up close with a friendly mixed in with the bad guy targets. They were all there and I never knew what I was going to face next. If you didn't hit the target speed didn't mean a damn thing. First match I was in the winner was the woman who had set up the course. Not sure but she may have had some practice on it the rest of us didn't get. The state champion and I tied for 3rd place with 3 other guys but it was a learning experience we all learned from.

That's what we can do, set up a PPC match and have our little blowhard...er, I mean professional expert here show us how it is done. I have 12 acres to set up the course on if anybody is interested and I would love to learn new tricks from an old pro.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.