Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jackie Chan anti-American

Jackie Chan anti-American

I never knew this about him. Seems a bit hypocritical, since he has no problem taking our money.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...f-jackie-chan/

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

staunch defender of the Chinese Communist Party
    Pretty much says it all.
    Returns June 3rd.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

From the article:
    Chan, responding to widespread criticism of China’s recent censorship of a popular newspaper, insisted in a Chinese TV interview that the United States is “the most corrupt country in the world.”

Chan has said nothing that we, on this site and elsewhere, have not been saying for years. Our country IS corrupt. Our leaders are corrupt and the political machines that got them elected are corrupt.

Actually, look no farther than Congress and the White House. You can't argue with him on that.

As for the economy, Obamination has done his best to collapse our economy and is doing a bang-up job of it...and, our corruption has given him 4 more years to finish his work.

However, Jackie does have Chinese citizenship. Why would he belittle his country while being inside his country? Lesser people have disappeared for saying bad things about China on Chinese soil.
    Last edited by alismith; 01-12-2013 at 03:23 PM.

He grew up from childhood in the Peking Opera. I.E., upper class Han Chinese indoctrinated by the state since birth.

I'm sure China is a wonderful place for people in his social strata. I don't blame him for enjoying life in a country that elevated him to international stardom and riches.

But what is really getting my goat. What just made me loose my love for that guy. Is the fact thas his good life comes on the backs of one billion destitute laborers and he's o.k. with that.

What a scum bag. So much for comeraderie...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post
    He grew up from childhood in the Peking Opera. I.E., upper class Han Chinese indoctrinated by the state since birth.

I'm sure China is a wonderful place for people in his social strata. I don't blame him for enjoying life in a country that elevated him to international stardom and riches.

But what is really getting my goat. What just made me loose my love for that guy. Is the fact thas his good life comes on the backs of one billion destitute laborers and he's o.k. with that.

What a scum bag. So much for comeraderie...
    I deal with A LOT of Chinese who were born and raised in Mainland China. The reality is, a lot of them a brainwashed.

There is also an underlying sense of pride that they feel they haven't had in a long time. China was a massive and important country for centuries. Their fall into 3rd world status in the 18th-19th centuries was keenly felt. LIke other people (Egyptians, Romans, etc.) these are people who had massive impressive empires, who were now jokes. America was the new superpower of the 20th century and frankly, everyone else in the world was jealous. And I mean EVERYONE.

Also a lot of Chinese nationals point to America as being corrupt, I get immediately angry, but then I stop an asked ..... "So you're talking about our administration NOW?" and they say "yes"........ I gotta admit, if you see OBAMA as America, you see corruption.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Well, He can kiss my buttocks, but I'm not going to attempt to kick his ass if I see him out somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    From the article:
    Chan, responding to widespread criticism of China’s recent censorship of a popular newspaper, insisted in a Chinese TV interview that the United States is “the most corrupt country in the world.”

Chan has said nothing that we, on this site and elsewhere, have not been saying for years. Our country IS corrupt. Our leaders are corrupt and the political machines that got them elected are corrupt.

Actually, look no farther than Congress and the White House. You can't argue with him on that.

As for the economy, Obamination has done his best to collapse our economy and is doing a bang-up job of it...and, our corruption has given him 4 more years to finish his work.

However, Jackie does have Chinese citizenship. Why would he belittle his country while being inside his country? Lesser people have disappeared for saying bad things about China on Chinese soil.
    I wouldn't expect him to talk badly of his native country. I also wouldn't expect him to bite the hand that feeds him. I for one, will not give him another dime of my corrupt money. He can sell his movies to the Chinese audiences.
    Last edited by Viking350; 01-12-2013 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Well, He can kiss my buttocks, but I'm not going to attempt to kick his ass if I see him out somewhere.
    Kung Fu is no match for a gun.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Well, aparently you never whatched Kung Fu with David Caradine or you would not have posted this. Damn I'm too drunk to type.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

All Governments are fudamentally corrupt, the size of them leads to it. Ours being the most is BS, there are far worse, Mexico comes to mind for starters and China's is totally a good old boys club for the ruling elite.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Wow an actor who's a commie!!!

I'm shocked I tell you!

And one from China no less!

I'm just having a really hard time even imagining such a thing!

I guess life wouldn't be real easy for him and his family in china if he said anything else ...

Quote Originally Posted by abpt1 View Post
    I guess life wouldn't be real easy for him and his family in china if he said anything else ...
    You are correct sir. I remember Yakov Smirnoff, the Russian comic, who pointed out that you still had to tow the party line to the Kremlin. re: Chan and his homeland of China, I don't care what kind of ass kissing he does to his home country's government elite.

What I do find disturbing are those entertainers who are actually born and bred AMERICANS who bad mouth the U.S. Now THAT offends me.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

WTH is he doing here? We have too much freedom according to him.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    WTH is he doing here? We have too much freedom according to him.

"When we come to hang the capitalists they will sell us the rope."-Lenin

Rochester, New York, United States, Rochester, New York
    Being a Hollywood actor, I would expect no less of him!
    Just me and my monkey....

I understand his cousins One Hung Lo and Peter Dragon don't like the US either.

Jackie who??

Oh that stunk guy who does all his own stunts. Like I could care!

I can understand pride in his country but I'm really getting sick of these people that make millions in American and then turn around and bash it and bash capitalism.

I'd like to see his attitude if China confiscated 99.9% of his money and put him in a factory to work for beans 16 hours a day.

I know a family in the states, the wifes father is an inventor in China and has made multi million dollar inventions and he is paid a flat salary a day, something like $500 a month, and that's higher than the factory workers make. No commission or percentage of the profit. He is trying to get some of his ideas established, copy-written and made in the USA, I wonder why.

I'll boycott him but I never watch his movies or bought any of his DVDs anyway, so I don't think it'll have much impact.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast