Thread: First post, Krink help please

First post, Krink help please

Hi guys,

Long time lurker. I had a krink years ago. Never removed the suppressor, so I guess I never really even had one :/ Hit hard times and had to sell it.

Years later, and a long time lurking, I've decided to take the plunge. With the possible ban, I have decided I can no longer wait.

I have a few questions, and I'm hoping the community will help me. I'm thinking of getting this kit: Tula 5.45x39mm Krinkov Parts Kit. But I'm having a real hard time finding a receiver, and a barrel.

Can anyone suggest a good receiver and barrel? I've read about issues with barrel twist etc. I'd like this Krink to be a shooter. I want to put at least 1000 rounds through it.

Any place have good barrels and or good receivers (74U LLC ?) in stock now?

Also, are there any other parts that I need? kit, barrel, receiver... i've read discussion of trigger guards?

Thank you for letting me lurk and enjoy the many pictures, I guess its finally time to say hi.
    Last edited by Lemoncade; 01-23-2013 at 09:23 PM.

Welcome aboard brother.

Thank you nitewatcher

Ended up locating a virgin Bulgarian kit with original barrel. Kit and barrel are now off of my list of needed items.

I emailed 74U LLC. Will place an order for the receiver as soon as I hear back. They're probably swamped and it might be a while, understandably.

The NDS-2SF is the correct receiver if I decide to go with NDS correct?

Reinforced pistol grip for Bulgarian kits right? Just double checking with you more knowledgeable folks!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Welcome to the group !!!

And sorry you haven't gotten a better response. Most of the people I know are just worried about finding ammo for what they have, and a current build is way down on the list, although it should be near the top since fully constructed rifles are way overpriced because of the panic.

NDS is the way to go, but if I am not mistaken they are currently not taking orders because of the madness, but it doesn't hurt to try.

I wish I could help you more but the Krink is something I have stayed away from. As a purist it sickens me to see such a great rifle cut up to make ATF happy and then reassembled, with ATF approved parts and some funny looking thing on the end of the barrel to meet a length requirement that is not in the second amendment, or you pay the blackmail fee and they allow you to enjoy your rifle at the original length.

Don't get discouraged, hopefully someone will be around soon that can answer your questions.

Picked up some dressing! Won the auction. Paid a premium.

My kit is a Bulgarian, but I'm going with Russian wood. I'm sure this burns the eyes out of the purists among us, but don't worry, all original parts that I replace will be stored with gun, always.

Forum Administrator

The best receiver is one of a Romanian AK-74 donor they are dead on.....if not then just use the NDS Russian Side Folder 74 set up and you'll be just fine. Welcome back now your not lurking anymore.