Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone Smokin'?

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    Not much to report here. I had kind of a depressing weekend up at my Uncle's
    Whats up?
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    Whats up?
    Oh, ya know, old boy has reached his expiration date.

Men just rarely live past 80. Especially a good ol boy from western Oklahoma, who did his share of living in his day.

I'll miss him greatly, but he at least had a decent length of time.
    Returns June 3rd.

were gun laws are finally making since!!!

Men just rarely live past 80. Especially a good ol boy from western Oklahoma, who did his share of living in his day.

you going to be ok brother?
    only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you..1 jesus christ..2 the american soldier.. one died for your soul the other for your freedom ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I lost Dad(cancer) in 1997. My Uncle is still kickin. He is my role model in many ways... Uncle John is former Chicago PD. He worked the '68 Dem Convention and will not mince words telling war stories. He has been in shootings. He worked the streets of the south side...real deal copper. He has had a quad bypass but he is a tough old sonofabitch. I have untold affection for him.

I feel your pain.

Contributor 05/2012

I feel SO fortunate to have my 85 yo father still here but he has started with dementia. It's very sad.

Just a passing thought...WE are the next generation. It all falls to us. My uncle says we lost the country in the 60s and that he is glad he won't be around to see the actual fall of the USA. US Navy Ret., CPD Ret., small business owner. You know...the kind of American this country currently hates.

Contributor 05/2012

My one small hope is my daughter(27) and her boyfriend(30). They get it but convincing their contemporaries is our only hope

Quote Originally Posted by CigarGuy View Post
    My one small hope is my daughter(27) and her boyfriend(30). They get it but convincing their contemporaries is our only hope

Quote Originally Posted by silentkilla View Post
    you going to be ok brother?
    Oh, yeah, I'm fine, I got some hard bark on me. It is what it is, its all part of the grand scheme.

The thing that sucks is he's such a great guy and he's scared, he's not ready to go.

As some of you know my wife is an oncology nurse, she knows what he's going through, she's been calling him every day and keeping him informed on whats going on and what to expect. She went with me over the weekend and talked to him quite a bit. It seemed to help and thats cool. I know he likes to hear from her.
    Returns June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    I lost Dad(cancer) in 1997. My Uncle is still kickin. He is my role model in many ways... Uncle John is former Chicago PD. He worked the '68 Dem Convention and will not mince words telling war stories. He has been in shootings. He worked the streets of the south side...real deal copper. He has had a quad bypass but he is a tough old sonofabitch. I have untold affection for him.

I feel your pain.
    Thanks, Matt.

Yeah, my Dad died of cancer back in 1988. He was 5 years younger when he died than I am today.

It really sucks losing your "old people" but I guess many of us are at that stage when it happens more than we would like.
    Returns June 3rd.

It really sucks losing your "old people" but I guess many of us are at that stage when it happens more than we would like.
    True...part of the deal.

Contributor 05/2012

On the back porch. Another inch of rain. Smoking a Diesel Corona with a couple pours
    of Old Grand Dad 114. This will be my last attempt at typing.

Quote Originally Posted by CigarGuy View Post
    On the back porch. Another inch of rain. Smoking a Diesel Corona with a couple pours
    of Old Grand Dad 114. This will be my last attempt at typing.
    C'mon man, drunk posting is as good as it gets. Working on a glass of 10 year Bulleit and a Bolivar myself.
    Returns June 3rd.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

C'mon man, drunk posting is as good as it gets. Working on a glass of 10 year Bulleit and a Bolivar myself.
    So...did you ever fire up that glass-tubed Mac 2000 I sent you in the pass box?

I was sorely tempted to keep that for myself. I was wrestling w/ my hand like Peter Sellers in Dr Strangelove to prevent it being taken out.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    So...did you ever fire up that glass-tubed Mac 2000 I sent you in the pass box?

I was sorely tempted to keep that for myself. I was wrestling w/ my hand like Peter Sellers in Dr Strangelove to prevent it being taken out.
    Haven't yet, gotta figure out what to pair it with first.
    Returns June 3rd.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12