Thread: Not sure if you guys have seen these...

Not sure if you guys have seen these...

My new nightstand gun, XD-45 Tactical with Streamlight LED.

A3 AR-15 20" H BAR Home Brew (my first)
    Spikes Tactical Lower
    DPMS Upper
    Rock River Lower Parts Kit
    DPMS Carrier w/ Self Staked Key
    BCM MPI Bolt with SOPMOD Bolt Upgrade Kit
    Mcfarland Gas Ring
    High Standard A2 Stock
    Picatinny Front Sight Block
    First Samco Quad Rail forearm
    Houge Grip
    MI SP-LP BUIS
    IOR QR-ST Tactical Scope
    Last edited by gpwasr10; 07-16-2010 at 03:24 PM.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

I have a XD45 Tactical also and it is about 2ft from my head. I have a mini-14 with a 40 rounder under the bed. I really like my XD45 and bought it to shoot for the shooting test to get my CHL. I did have to move the front site over just a little to get it dead on.

Yeah, I really like the XD-45 TAC... Probably the Best .45 ACP combat pistol I have used.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

Did you put the SOPMOD bolt upgrade extractor spring in yourself. What a bitch...

Those Streamlights are great, too. I use one at work, it gets the crap beat out of it and the batteries seem to last forever.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gpwasr10 View Post
    Yeah, I really like the XD-45 TAC... Probably the Best .45 ACP combat pistol I have used.
    I'm aching to try the new XDm .45 ACP
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member sniper_n_training's Avatar

Thats a nice looking XD. Do you get decent accuracy from the 5" barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by ready View Post
    Did you put the SOPMOD bolt upgrade extractor spring in yourself. What a bitch...

Those Streamlights are great, too. I use one at work, it gets the crap beat out of it and the batteries seem to last forever.
    I did and it wasn't to bad, took about 20 Minutes. I think I culd extract a 120mm round from an Rheinmetal Smoothbore now LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieAKguy View Post
    I'm aching to try the new XDm .45 ACP
    I have heard good things, but the capacity is the exact same, but the tolorences are tighter and the trigger is supposed to be better. Personally, I like my guns a little loose if they are for defense.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper_n_training View Post
    Thats a nice looking XD. Do you get decent accuracy from the 5" barrel?
    I have only put around 100 rounds through it so far, but I would say "Combat Accurate", maybe a bit better.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

-George S. Patton

Senior Member sniper_n_training's Avatar

I have only put around 100 rounds through it so far, but I would say "Combat Accurate", maybe a bit better.
    As long as it's "Minute of Felon", you should be good to go

Personally, I like my guns a little loose if they are for defense.
    Ditto. It does seem range queens jam more.

Quote Originally Posted by HDR View Post
    Ditto. It does seem range queens jam more.
    That's my stand as well. My Grandfather (A WWII and Korean War Paratrooper Combat Vet) used to say...

"A sidearms primary purpose is simply to WORK, and little else. 'Cause if you are down to a pistol to save your hide, it probably means you have exausted all your other means of defense."

Any thus even my 1911 got a modification to the slide that loosend it up juuust a little bit. I know, it is against everything the "1911 purist" does... but the sights... are on the slide... so all that really matters from a physics standpoint is the BBL Lock up.
    -Nietzsche

-George S. Patton

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

My XD45 (all black) shoots great and I don't ever recall a jam of any kind - with various types of ammo.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

That's my stand as well. My Grandfather (A WWII and Korean War Paratrooper Combat Vet) used to say...

"A sidearms primary purpose is simply to WORK, and little else.
    That is it in a nutshell. A lot of the gimmicks are just what the word gimmick implies. Because it is a pistol personally I don't want a lot of crap on it to catch on stuff.

Any thus even my 1911 got a modification to the slide that loosend it up juuust a little bit. I know, it is against everything the "1911 purist" does... but the sights... are on the slide... so all that really matters from a physics standpoint is the BBL Lock up.
    Mine had a heavier spring added and the slide to receiver width and the sides parallelism were checked.

That is it in a nutshell. A lot of the gimmicks are just what the word gimmick implies. Because it is a pistol personally I don't want a lot of crap on it to catch on stuff.

Mine had a heavier spring added and the slide to receiver width and the sides parallelism were checked.

Parallelism.....can't say I've ever seen that word before. Sounds more like a deadly disease contracted from a Zombie.
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by slamfire51 View Post
    Parallelism.....can't say I've ever seen that word before. Sounds more like a deadly disease contracted from a Zombie.

par·al·lel·ism
       /ˈpærəlɛˌlɪzəm, -ləˌlɪz-/ Show Spelled[par-uh-le-liz-uhm, -luh-liz-] Show IPA
    –noun
    the position or relation of parallels.
    agreement in direction, tendency, or character; the state or condition of being parallel.
    a parallel or comparison.
    Metaphysics . the doctrine that mental and bodily processes are concomitant, each varying with variation of the other, but that there is no causal relation of interaction between the two.

Go for number 4.

par·al·lel·ism
       /ˈpærəlɛˌlɪzəm, -ləˌlɪz-/ Show Spelled[par-uh-le-liz-uhm, -luh-liz-] Show IPA
    –noun
    the position or relation of parallels.
    agreement in direction, tendency, or character; the state or condition of being parallel.
    a parallel or comparison.
    Metaphysics . the doctrine that mental and bodily processes are concomitant, each varying with variation of the other, but that there is no causal relation of interaction between the two.

Go for number 4.
    So it does pertain to Zombies. Good guess on my part.
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL