Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parts list fot a G build?

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

there are a lot of nice us wood stock sets available now too to check out.

Quote Originally Posted by abpt1 View Post
    G kit

Flat
    rivets
    retaining Plates
    barrel pin

Ok so what am I missing ?
    You need a Go and a No go head space gauge.
    When you are done assembling the rifle, you need to rig it up on the press so you can put enough pressure on the barrel so it will force the barrel against the barrel pin. (the pressure from the round being fired always forces the barrel out and up against that pin). you must keep that in mind when pressing in your barrel, and pin. it is OK if you’re barrel is a little too far in. but if you’re barrel is too far out, the pin will shave the barrel and when it is fired and heated up, the barrel will be forced against the barrel pin. and that little bit you shaved off, now becomes a serious and dangerous problem. On the other hand, if you press the barrel too for in and shave a little off, you will never know because the pressure from the round, always forces the barrel out.
    If you need them, I have a set of gauges I can loan you . and if you need any help on this, just drop me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post

there are a lot of nice us wood stock sets available now too to check out.
    ^
    I love that Picture.....Yeah I been looking as some U.S madewood stock sets that come unfinished stuff its real nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    You need a Go and a No go head space gauge.
    When you are done assembling the rifle, you need to rig it up on the press so you can put enough pressure on the barrel so it will force the barrel against the barrel pin. (the pressure from the round being fired always forces the barrel out and up against that pin). you must keep that in mind when pressing in your barrel, and pin. it is OK if you’re barrel is a little too far in. but if you’re barrel is too far out, the pin will shave the barrel and when it is fired and heated up, the barrel will be forced against the barrel pin. and that little bit you shaved off, now becomes a serious and dangerous problem. On the other hand, if you press the barrel too for in and shave a little off, you will never know because the pressure from the round, always forces the barrel out.
    If you need them, I have a set of gauges I can loan you . and if you need any help on this, just drop me a PM.
    Thanks Blacksmith!!!

Quote Originally Posted by abpt1 View Post
    Well I was looking in the build forum for what was needed and its sure as hell not what it use to be. I remember more info in there than I care to read and now that I want to read it. Its all gone. I am just tiring to over analyze the mechanics of the whole process just to gain some knowledge.
    To review the building process you can go to http://www.youtube.com/user/Buildyou...end=2&ob=1#g/u

Quote Originally Posted by AK-Karl View Post
    To review the building process you can go to http://www.youtube.com/user/Buildyou...end=2&ob=1#g/u
    Great thanks !

heres another building resource for aks. i know teh guy that put this together, and he asked me to have a look at it for him, im still going over it to try to help him improve it, so it is a work in progress. even still, theres a lot of good info there.

http://blog.legionarms.com/

heres another building resource for aks. i know teh guy that put this together, and he asked me to have a look at it for him, im still going over it to try to help him improve it, so it is a work in progress. even still, theres a lot of good info there.

WOW that has the most detail I have seen yet !

Did you see the vids.... 9mm for 50 bucks & made in a cave.
    Kids make ammo with a hammer. Wow
    The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Moebrown20 View Post
    Did you see the vids.... 9mm for 50 bucks & made in a cave.
    Kids make ammo with a hammer. Wow
    Didn't you know the hammer is the universal gunsmithing tool?
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by slamfire51 View Post
    Didn't you know the hammer is the universal gunsmithing tool?
    Not for primers....
    The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Not for primers....
    You have to remember that there are idiots in the 3rd world 'smithing trade.
    Besides as hard as some of the foreign primers are, he's probably got the odds in his favor.

CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by slamfire51 View Post
    You have to remember that there are idiots in the 3rd world 'smithing trade.
    Besides as hard as some of the foreign primers are, he's probably got the odds in his favor.
    And just think of all the equipment we buy to make the same weapons.

And just think of all the equipment we buy to make the same weapons.

Because we are "civilized".

CCW Permit
    03 FFL

btw, hes also having a go at online parts sales, but im not sure if he has gotten the cart and checkout parts working yet.

btw, hes also having a go at online parts sales, but im not sure if he has gotten the cart and checkout parts working yet.
    If his prices is good, I made get a kit from him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12