Thread: SAIGA AK 74 ON IT'S WAY

SAIGA AK 74 ON IT'S WAY

Newbie here so be gentle....it's in a FedEx truck on it's way to my FFL. Have read a lot about these but was interested to know from you guys what tips and tricks I should know about this rifle. Any help will be appreciated!!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Welcome to the group !!!

I like your handle, I knew Bill Lear way back, really nice guy! Wife was a really nice lady! Great memories, thanks for bringing them back, if even accidentally.

Anyway, the Siaga is a really nice rifle, one of the better ones. About all I can recommend is getting a ton of ammo, because the 5.45x39 is a really soft shooter so they are hard to not go through a lot of ammo at one sitting. Or standing, or...

Since I just found this board I am behind in being able to tell you how nice an AK the Siaga 74 is. Mine in an Arsenal, and it has shot really well. Only problem I now have is finding the 5.45x39 Brown Bear Ammo. I like using. Also finding 7e type Mags even before the the big rushs to buy up everything was a task, now it's even a lot harder to find them.
    One item I have found is the bore is slightly smaller on the aK-74 then the bore on an AR-15 5.56/.223, and there is not a proper size bronze bore brush to be found for the AK-74. But a standard 5.56 bore brush will work, it just is a little harder to push a brand new one through the bore. Just don't stop half way and try backing it out. Also the nylon 5.56/.223 bore brushs are much eazyer to get them through a 74 bore. hope this helps you.
    Last edited by runningbear; 03-05-2013 at 09:36 AM.