Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cap and ball revolver questions ( again)

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Getting into a new shooting experience is always satisfying and entertaining. Congrats on having a ton of fun!

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Getting into a new shooting experience is always satisfying and entertaining. Congrats on having a ton of fun!
    What i'm enjoying the most is the slower pace with BP, it's a lot more relaxing. Instead of fretting that i didn't hit the ten ring 10 out of 10 shots, i'm happy as hell to get 6 rounds in an 8'' shoot-n-see target after all the careful prep to get each cylinder exactly the same.

There was a young couple shooting next to me Sunday, obviously new shooters. I overheard the guy tell his wife that there must be something wrong with my gun because there was so much smoke when i shot it.
    So being a new BP shooter, i took the time to explain the difference to them and to my delight they were fascinated. Showed them the loading process and let them each fire a shot, that was one of the most fun parts of the day. The wife decided that BP was not for her, too messy, but i think her husband may try it someday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12