Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Firearm Picture Thread

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Nice...

Percussion-.50 cal.?

Flintlock-.69 cal. or.73 cal.?
    My percussion pistol in the pic is 65Cal I think. I been shooting 60 cal balls from it. There is a fair bit of windage but it is a smooth bore so it doesn't matter. Its accurate enough for the messing around I do with it. The flintlock is 62 Cal I believe.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Is your Tower pistol a kit or a replica from one of the BP custom companies? I'd love a firing Tower pistol. I didn't mention original , because I've never seen a Tower pistol in private hands that was original that looked that good.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Is your Tower pistol a kit or a replica from one of the BP custom companies? I'd love a firing Tower pistol. I didn't mention original , because I've never seen a Tower pistol in private hands that was original that looked that good.
    It is from a custom company. Smooth Bore etc. As close to original as possible. Local product made from outsourced parts from India then finished in his shop. I am amazed at everything that comes out of this guys shop. place called loyalist arms.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Haven't posted anything in a while ...

This is the Spikes "Jack" I put together with a 16" hex fluted stainless barrel (one of the barrels I'm thinking about sending to 300Below) & key-mod hand guard with a rail adapter and a Harris bipod adapter on that so I could mount the bipod ... and I finally found a use for the Osprey Defense piston system that I'd gotten for my last SBR, but it wouldn't fit under the Sampson EVO tube ... used a 4.5 RRA 2-stage trigger I grabbed for $65 when they were having a sale ... It's wearing a Bushnell 1-4x24 I borrowed off my AUG but will be replacing it with a Bushnell AR223 4.5-18x40 because I just need more magnification

Last edited by kimberkid; 04-30-2016 at 10:19 PM.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I love that receiver, but not for the price. What brand is the handguard that the Osprey fits under?

I didn't think to ask what brand it is and hadn't given it a second thought until now. The seller had several tubes laid out on the table and they weren't in a packages ... This one he said it was the last one of these he had and made me a "deal" on it, he also had the end cap which was in a Midwest Industries package, so I'm guessing that's what it is ... but I've looked it over and I don't see any identifying marks on it which seems kind of strange as the ones on GunBroker are marked.

As to Jack, I've been looking at that receiver for a while and it seems all the billet receivers are in the $200-$300 range ... we have a local pawn shop that has dedicated a section of the shop to reloading supplies and AR parts ... They got some in and priced them at $299 which is the cheapest I've seen them, so no shipping or transfer fee ... again, I got weak ... At least it's not blue
    Last edited by kimberkid; 05-01-2016 at 09:53 AM.

Oddly enough I don't find the "Jack" receiver on Spike's web site at the moment.

Wait, I went back and searched by the term "Jack" and found not only that one but this one. http://www.spikestactical.com/jack10...et-p-1349.html A .308 Jack skull receiver set of upper and lower. OMG ... I'm losing my mind I want it soooooooooo bad!!!!!
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 05-01-2016 at 02:14 PM.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Oddly enough I don't find the "Jack" receiver on Spike's web site at the moment.

Wait, I went back and searched by the term "Jack" and found not only that one but this one. http://www.spikestactical.com/jack10...et-p-1349.html A .308 Jack skull receiver set of upper and lower. OMG ... I'm losing my mind I want it soooooooooo bad!!!!!

Every now and then one just jumps out at you and all your sensibility goes out the door.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    It is from a custom company. Smooth Bore etc. As close to original as possible. Local product made from outsourced parts from India then finished in his shop. I am amazed at everything that comes out of this guys shop. place called loyalist arms.
    Here's the one I've dealt with in the past. They have some really interesting, period firearms. I bought their double-barrel percussion pistol (howdah pistol in .62 caliber) and I really want their double barrel flintlock shotgun. Their prices are very reasonable, not to mention, they sell guns you can't find anywhere else...

http://www.middlesexvillagetrading.com/
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Got a modern Tec-9:

The long-term goal for this gun is SBR and suppressed. Not sure if I'll be able to do it before the new trust rules set in or not. I did find an experienced lawyer to create a NFA trust for $175.

"I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post

Cool SBR.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    So, I had a POS 20 gauge single shot that needed a stock

Now it has one

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post

Now it has one

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Now it has one
    if you were going for the post apocalyptic minor repairs motiff... you nailed it.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

A plr-16 to make you deaf, and a chrome jennings .22 to make you blind.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Now it has one
    The only issue I see is that instead of using cord to attach the stock to the receiver they should have used duct tape. Duct tape can fix anything!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

A plr-16 to make you deaf, and a chrome jennings .22 to make you blind.
    That Jennings is very bright! Don't need to shoot it, just flash the attacker with it in the eyes and you will be good to go!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    The only issue I see is that instead of using cord to attach the stock to the receiver they should have used duct tape. Duct tape can fix anything!
    The stock is attached with a bolt the same way the original one was, I just had to tap the hole to a different thread pitch. The rope is there for a comfortable grip because the stock doesn't go any further on the receiver.

Some 70's gear I decided to take out and photo. Nothing you haven't seen before.

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast