Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: Random Firearm Picture Thread

Newer pics of some pistols:

(click image for full res)

Springfield M1911

1994 CZ-75 Transitional

Beretta M9

Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

A Beretta is one of the guns i want to own someday. Either the M9 or the 92. Question on that. Is there much difference between the M9 and the 92s? There is a 92s at my local gun shop for a pretty good deal.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Like that Springfield! I have one very similar and I love shooting it. I had to paint the front site white, though, so it would not get lost in the black bulls eye of the target.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    A Beretta is one of the guns i want to own someday. Either the M9 or the 92. Question on that. Is there much difference between the M9 and the 92s? There is a 92s at my local gun shop for a pretty good deal.
    Assuming you are not talking about 92s (plural) and are talking about the 92S which is currently being imported as military and police surplus or turn ins, the main difference is the location of the mag release. The 92S also will not have the large hammer pin head of the 92FS which was designed to prevent slide separation in the event of failure. The early M9 was based off the 92F and would also have the smaller hammer pin head as the 92S.

If you are talking about the current 92FS versus the M9, the main difference is nothing more than the markings. There also were some 92FS with slightly different frame shapes but nothing really important. Some had tapered dust covers vs straight ones generally used by the M9 as well as a slight change in the upper rear grip area.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Assuming you are not talking about 92s (plural) and are talking about the 92S which is currently being imported as military and police surplus or turn ins, the main difference is the location of the mag release. The 92S also will not have the large hammer pin head of the 92FS which was designed to prevent slide separation in the event of failure. The early M9 was based off the 92F and would also have the smaller hammer pin head as the 92S.

If you are talking about the current 92FS versus the M9, the main difference is nothing more than the markings. There also were some 92FS with slightly different frame shapes but nothing really important. Some had tapered dust covers vs straight ones generally used by the M9 as well as a slight change in the upper rear grip area.
    Yes I was thinking 92S. There is one at my LGS for a pretty good price that's been catching my eye for a few weeks. I seriously don't need another pistol but you never know. We will see if my resistance will hold out. I hope someone else buys it.

Yes I was thinking 92S. There is one at my LGS for a pretty good price that's been catching my eye for a few weeks. I seriously don't need another pistol but you never know. We will see if my resistance will hold out. I hope someone else buys it.
    I also think the 92S has a right hand safety while the 92FS and M9 both have ambidextrous safeties. Not important to most people but important to me as a left hander. I keep looking at the surplus 92Ss but haven't gotten one because of the safety.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I also think the 92S has a right hand safety while the 92FS and M9 both have ambidextrous safeties. Not important to most people but important to me as a left hander. I keep looking at the surplus 92Ss but haven't gotten one because of the safety.
    Any off putting things i should know about them? I might go monday and throw down on it. I bet i could talk them down. Its been there a few weeks.

Any off putting things i should know about them? I might go monday and throw down on it. I bet i could talk them down. Its been there a few weeks.
    Only the right hand safety that I know of.

NRA Endowment Member

they are open tomorrow. Oh god. I might be buying a gun. I did a google search and the mags are $30 and new manufacture beretta ... so cheaper then the HK ones i been buying here for my USP

Will this one fit in a US milsurp holster?

If it does i think im sold.
    Last edited by rci2950; 07-07-2018 at 10:44 PM.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

A 92FS Inox is one of the pistols high on my wish list.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

well i did it. there is no hope for me. pistol is coming home next week. I need a holster now.

Anyone know how to guess the manufacture date from the serial numbers on these?

Not sure how I missed the CZ75 string that was going, but here's my belated contribution!

I always thought a 10-22 pistol would be cool ... Until I bought one, I saw this TakeDown in and thought THIS IS THE ONE!!!
    It turned out to not be all that cool ... Until I saw one on another site that had a adapter made by Copper Custom that allowed you to install an AR receiver extension tube for a stock or brace. Not wanting to do any more NFA items I went the brace route and it's like a totally different gun!

I'm a Beretta fan too

And having a handle like kimbekid, here's my favorite hybrid, half old school Terminator, half wide body / double stack 13 rounds of 45acp goodness!

Last edited by kimberkid; 08-20-2018 at 09:55 PM.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Very nice KK. Tell me more of the story on that Kimber. Is that a 7" bbl, not counting the brake? It looks like it could be 8".
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Very nice KK. Tell me more of the story on that Kimber. Is that a 7" bbl, not counting the brake? It looks like it could be 8".
    It's 7" and 8 with the break if I remember correctly ... I used to have 2 of them, back in the day they were very popular with bowling pin shooters at our local range. A couple times a year we would get old pins from a local bowling ally and have a big shoot and grill hamburgers and brats ... anyway, because of the hard wood and finish, if you didn't hit it just right, at worst it would glance off and knock the pin over, sometimes take a chip out of the pin ... but if you hit it just right it would kinda shatter ... it was pretty cool but I don't know of anyone that still does it.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

I remember when Richard Davis, Second Chance body armor had those big bowling pin shoots. Quite the event back in the day. I've got some old pins in the armory but I've never shot them. Anyway, thanks for the reply, do like that pistol!
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Is that the witness Bob's had forever?

no, that's a used one i got last fall .

that one is still sitting there.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    You need a steel framed 9mm in wonderfinish to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    You need a steel framed 9mm in wonderfinish to go with it.
    i had one in 10mm a few years ago .
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast