Thread: Oops...I did it again!

Oops...I did it again!

Long story short. I have known a guy, he was actually the first person to get me involved in shooting guns when I moved to WV. Well, 20 some years ago, he bought a West Hurley M1a Thompson. Before he had it transferred to him. He got divorced, and never got around to actually having the gun transferred to him.

We got hit with the flood in 2016. He needed money, the C-3 dealer needed it off of his books. ETC. So, I got finger printed and pictures taken yesterday and my Form 4 gets sent off today.

I paid (way) under current market value. But, the gun is a little finicky. Likes to run on specific ammo. I have been talking to this guy for a LONG time about purchasing this gun. Seriously for the past year, but we could never meet up, played phone tag. I did get to shoot the gun about a month ago.

From what I have read on line, could be as simple as replacing the extractor. I am in the process of finding a bolt. This could be the fix on it. But, either way, for the entry price. Even if I have to have it sent off for repair, or even replace everything besides the receiver. I will still be way ahead.

This makes MG #4 for me. And will be a good companion for my Erb tube Mp40.

Here is a video of me shooting the gun. I had one stoppage in the 20 round mag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0Db...ature=youtu.be

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Congratulations! I was surprised in the video with the cyclic rate. I've never shot a Thompson and they might vary from model to model. It sounded faster than your MP-40.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

That looks like fun and the gun is great. I may have to plan a trip to WV!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    That looks like fun and the gun is great. I may have to plan a trip to WV!
    Hey if you need someone to split gas money

Nice grab El Duce
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

I got fingerprinted, and pictures taken. Should have the form 4 sent off on Monday. The dealer had a couple 30 round mags that I picked up. Heck, the feeding issue could be the 20 round mag in the vid! Honestly, this gun has only been shot maybe 5 times in the past 19 years. I do know that the dealer will be quite happy to have it off of his books.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Very nice Paul. Congrats!

Congratulations!
    I don't know what it is about machine guns that always makes me smile ... I guess, maybe, if everyone had them it would get boring ?
    Nah.

I know that when I got my MP5 clone SBR'd I was really disapointed ... I don't know what it was expecting but I didn't find it all that much fun.
    Fast Forward a couple years when I got my registered sear ... BIG SMILE ... that's what it should be!