Thread: Newbie

With all the ban talk I figured I would expand my collection. I have ar's and other weapons but am interested in adding an AK to my collection. I don't know much about AK's but I do know that the poly-tech's are great weapons. I have found a poly-tech AKS-762 that can be had for 800.00. No box, no extra mags. Just wondering if this price seems fair for just the rifle. Rifle has only had 50-100 rounds through it supposedly.
    Thanks for any advice.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I'm pretty sure a Poly-tech anything is usually a lot more than &800, so you should probably get it.

AK-nut will probably be here soon to tell you exactly what model that is and what its worth.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Welcome to the group !!!

If the rifle has the letters "SP" after the model designation and the underfolding bayo lug has been cut off, these days $800 is reasonable. If there is no "SP" and the underfolding bayo is intact, in good condition it is worth over $1000 even without any extras.

Just a note, some early Poly Techs did not have underfolding bayonets but did have the standard lug under the gas block. It too would be a great buy at that price.

I haven't seen the rifle in person so I don't know if it is stamped SP, but I have seen pics and the spike bayonette is there.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

In good condition, that would be a buy right now. It is hard to tell without more info or pictures. I paid $500 for one several years ago...

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    If the underfolding bayo is there, I will put it this way, if I found a Poly Tech AKS-762 for $800 I would not be able to get the money out fast enough.

Just a warning, if it is listed on Armslist, be very careful as not everything is as it seems. Doesn't mean the rifle isn't real, but just be aware of scams out there, and if it is an Armslist sale, bring a friend or two with you when you go to pick it up. Can't be too careful these days.