Thread: Went to the Range Yesterday.

Went to the Range Yesterday.

Met up with good buddies Richard Simmons and Mountain Survivor. We went to the Potts Slope Mountain range in Virginia, Simply beautiful out. It had been awhile since I went there. Weather was great. Range was pretty busy. I didn't go with the intention of shooting much. But I asked my son what he wanted to shoot. So, we brought a bushmaster ar scoped with fluted barrel. MN 44, 11-87 with slug barrel. Balister .45 that Neil West refinshed for me, Hungarian modle 37. .357, Walther p .22 Son also wanted to shoot his .243. And .38 super.

Sorry, I did bring the camera, but didn't take any pictures. Son did most of the shooting. We did most of the talking. Son did get to shoot Richard's Rossi Mare's leg.

Son did well with the 11-87, we were shooting slugs. He liked the M44 too. That was the loudest rifle at the range for sure! But I tell ya. Shoulder is sore today! I asked him what he liked shooting the best, and he said the Ar. Great times with Great Friends! Lots of unforgetable memories at the Slope.

Reminder though. When going to a public range. Please clean up your trash. One guy asked if we were going to keep our rifle brass. I didn't hear the question. But left my brass for others. But the shotgun shells and debris downrange was everywhere.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Had a great time shooting and visiting with everyone. Can't believe how much your son has grown. We need to get together more often. I really liked that .38 super of yours and shooting the MN44 brought back a lot of memories of the C&R days and the WV shoots.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell