Thread: Anybody familiar with the Sub 2000?

DeadPool

Anybody familiar with the Sub 2000?

I bought one a few months ago and finally fired it last week. I was very impressed with the accurracy and one had one ftf out of 200 rds. What i was wondering was are they picky about HP's?

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeadPool View Post
    I bought one a few months ago and finally fired it last week. I was very impressed with the accurracy and one had one ftf out of 200 rds. What i was wondering was are they picky about HP's?
    My uncle has one in .40 and not a single problem one.Well over 500 rds since he got it.Very accurate for what it is.Fun to shoot,likes HP,lead cast etc.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Try polishing the feed ramp, mine doesn't have any problems with HPs either.

It does however not like Wolf 9mm- cycle is too weak and it fails about 1/50 rounds.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Yep, I've got a G17 model - it likes standard or hot ammo. These are blow-back operated so they are tuned to regular 9mm ammo. And mine is fine with hp's too - but all's I've shot out of it are hp's with an ogive similar to fmj.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by DeadPool View Post
    I have one in 9mm, Glock mag version. (edit to add): One of the older original ones.

I had a problem where it would only reliably feed +P+ ammo and jam with regular ammo (stovepipes usually).

So, I calculated the energy difference between a standard round and +P+, then used that ratio to remove metal from the recoil "buffer" (weight).

It ended up being 4 full length slots, 1/4 inch wide and 5/16 inch deep spaced 90 degrees apart (I had a picture of the buffer in the old Gunsnet photo album).

The reduced mass made the action cycle with normal ammo the same speed that it did with +P+ and the problems went away.

(of course, I went through the usual BS of experimenting with recoil springs when I realized that the recoil spring doesn't matter on the backward stroke). Doh.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!