Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: need h&k93 pushpins!!!

were gun laws are finally making since!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    Rich HK collector's pay top dollar for original piece's for their stable......

They are few and far between.....
    don't scare me like that!!! lol, the carbine looks as if its set in someones safe more than took out and shot. the inside when i got it had a little powder residue but a little TLC and hoppes 9 it looks imaculant on the inside . what im thinking is someone changed the stock out and put it up after refinishing it and the piece i'm talking about just dry rotted with age and no oil

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I'm not getting the refinish part??? Maybe the deleted photo? Maybe just my laptop's video... Original is a dark gray semi-gloss baked on.

Looks real to me... That is a later (HK36?) stock. I've been trying to buy a 93 for over ten years and can't find one at a price I would pay...

For a IA date code it should be the old HK blue/grey finish.

silentkilla- There should be a date code and proof markings on your buttstock, what are they?

That stock really looks like it is for the MP5 family, not the 13/33/43/53/93 family.
    Last edited by Partisan1983; 03-16-2013 at 05:55 AM.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

That stock is for an MP5/HK94, no doubt about it.

Without knowing the date codes and proof marks yet, I can't say who made it for sure.

Since your carrier is buffered, no permanent damage should have occurred, but I advise you to pick up a buttstock meant for your carbine.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post

I've been trying to buy a 93 for over ten years and can't find one at a price I would pay...

What price are you looking too pay?

You lookin for a shooter? a collector? a transferable?
    Last edited by Partisan1983; 03-16-2013 at 07:49 AM.

That stock is for an MP5/HK94, no doubt about it.

Without knowing the date codes and proof marks yet, I can't say who made it for sure.

Since your carrier is buffered, no permanent damage should have occurred, but I advise you to pick up a buttstock meant for your carbine.
    the only #'s i could find on the stock is a ( 1hj )

What price are you looking too pay?

You lookin for a shooter? a collector? a transferable?
    A few years back I walked out of a pawn shop with a 1981 HK91 with factory collapsible stock, poly rifled, excellent for $1800... They were asking $2800 to $3500 at the shows when I bought it...

Now that I look at the pic again the finish does look HK black which is more correct for rifles in the 1990s and 2000s. The wide fore looks like it matches the paint. The stocks and the fores should be the earlier 1970/1980 HK gray. IIRC the stocks also came in green (and wood, but only on the HK91). Many of the green stocks were Greek and Portuguese and not made in Germany.

A few years back I walked out of a pawn shop with a 1981 HK91 with factory collapsible stock, poly rifled, excellent for $1800... They were asking $2800 to $3500 at the shows when I bought it...
    pretty good buy! cheapest one i've seen in my area for a 91 is 2700 right now.

Now that I look at the pic again the finish does look HK black which is more correct for rifles in the 1990s and 2000s. The wide fore looks like it matches the paint. The stocks and the fores should be the earlier 1970/1980 HK gray. IIRC the stocks also came in green (and wood, but only on the HK91). Many of the green stocks were Greek and Portuguese and not made in Germany.
    it a plastic type stock on it

Except for the G3 wood stocks, they all were synthetic. The early ones gray and later green, then black.

HK's were built in Germany, Portugal, Greece and Pakistan. The G3 is still an issue rifle in Mexico, but is being replaced by the M2 (since we give them to Mexico). I can't remember if anyone but Germany built the 93s, but several countries issued them...

guys i'm sitting here foundling this 93 like it was a supermodel built ecspecially for my hands only and when you look at the paint job in the light it looks more grayish then black except for the stock, hangaurd, and pistol grip

The original finish is almost a charcoal gray with a slight blueish hue. Check the safety markings; do they look painted over/repainted?

[ QUOTE=El Laton Caliente;295089]The original finish is almost a charcoal gray with a slight blueish hue. Check the safety markings; do they look painted over/repainte looks to only have one layer of paint on it ELC when my wife gets home i'll upload a pic and you tell me what you think

That is a problem with e-pictures... different cameras, software, computers, screens can make a world of difference in colors...

That is a problem with e-pictures... different cameras, software, computers, screens can make a world of difference in colors...
    pics 2013 003.JPGpics 2013 004.JPG there are somemore pics for you all

Without handling it, I'd guess original paint and the stcks got replaced...

Without handling it, I'd guess original paint and the stcks got replaced...
    they must have stripped the gun down all the way and did it right then huh??

Looks black too me.

If it were the old school blue/grey finish, the black plastic furniture would stand out like a straight man at a lesbian bar.

Wood stocks were made for the HK43 (precursor to the HK33)......VERY RARE!!

So was green plastic furniture.....again VERY RARE.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast