Thread: Prostate surgery post op progress

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

Prostate surgery post op progress

I had my Prostate removed back in Nov. It has been 4 months now and I am starting to see a little life in "wee willie". Wonders never cease. Pee control is still a problem. It seems to be a little progress. However, I had a nasty cold which put me back to square one with pee control. I was given a prescription for a sore right arm last month. It did not help the arm pain but it did cut down on my bladder spasims at night, which caused me to get up about every hour, and allowed me to sleep 3-4 hours. I still leaked but the spasims did not happen. I will be going in for a VA exam next week with respect to my VA agent orange/herbicide exposure claim I put in for last April. With the documentation I submitted, there should be no way they can deny me. But, who knows with obummer working the VA strings.....chris3

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Good deal. I hope you continue to see improvement and good luck with the VA.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Prayers my fellow gunsnet-er. Let us know if we can do anything to help out.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Good to hear your making progress. And good luck with the AO claim. A lot of good men got themselves killed over there & didn't even know it.

Yes, good luck my Friend and Comrade. I too am waiting to hear about some comp claims I have filed. Mine were in limbo for over a year, but have suddenly shown some progress. If you haven't already, get a VA adviser to help with the forms. The VA has a great web site that will let you keep up on any meds, appointments, etc. and I just recently found ebenefits.org or .gov, something like that. Once you register there, you can check on the progress of your claims. It's a shame nobody tells us this chit. We have to find it on our own. Another comment, when I mentioned to a friend of mine, that I might finally be getting some comp $$ from the VA, he "jokingly" said, I'd be getting the money that's set aside for our current service people. then I thought, well, they can get theirs too, as long as they wait till they are 63, like me, and still waiting!

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

I had my physical today, if you call it a physical. The doc was a contract office. The VA is using contractors now to do some of the leg work for them on claims. I read the form the assistant dropped off for the doc to use. It verifiec my service in Thailand per my medical records. Go figure, the VA could not find them when I had a claim for hearing disability increase. It was more of a question and answer session. I told him when I was diagnosed with prostate cancer, when a request for surgery was made, when I received an ok to proceed with surgery at a non-VA facility, and when I had surgery. Then I explained my recovery progress, next to none, my problems with pee, and ED. They took blood and pee for testing. I hope the VA is going to finish this up in the near future. When they handled my hearing claim it took two years. Now, I received a notice my VA doc wants to see me on April 1st. I have no idea what that is about. Maybe it has to do with my AO claim or he saw something in my blood work back in Feb that he wants to address. I hope it is not my high cholestrol. I have been going around with the VA over that for 15 years. There is nothing they can do about it. It runs in the family. They probably want me to take statins again. I took statins back in the early 90s and I started getting an irregular heartbeat. I have quit the statins, bad side effects. I started co-enzyme Q10 and now my heartbeat is 98 percent normal. Thanks for all the support guys....chris3