Thread: Stamped receive or milled receiver

Stamped receive or milled receiver

I've decided to purchase a new AK type of rifle, the 5.45x39 type but can't decide whether to get a true Russian style version like the SGL 31-62, or the Iron Clad Milled Ak74 from Atlantic firearm.

I'm torn between the two, and I like milled things, the iron clad milled seems like a precision build similar to the Colt SP6920, yet the SGL 31-62 is elegent and almost pure Russian. I'm thinking maybe the iron clad milled is some sort of Frankenstein version of the rifle, plus I would like to be able to change the stock to the SP6920 type.

I know many will say get one of the 10 other versions out there and save the money, but I live in CA and my choices are limited. Plus I want to get something as up to date or modern as possible, with a tough coating so I don't have to oil the steel.

I think I can purchase either with the optional bullet button installed, but not positive about it.

Anyways, your 2 cents is greatly appreciated, and I'm leaning towards the SGL 31-62, so talk me out of it or back me up on it.

Thanks!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Welcome to the group !!!

You have a link to the "Iron Clad Milled AK74" by any chance because I honestly have never seen a milled receiver AK-74?

The ones listed by Atlantic are all nice rifles, so choosing any should make you happy. The top three in my opinion would be the Arsenal Saiga conversions, the VEPR, or the Krebs rifles.

I would check with Atlantic to see if they have approved versions for you since you reside in that west coast state that doesn't believe in the Constitution of The United States of America. I am sure they would be a big help. I would warn you that with the current buying panic, they might not answer the phone immediately but it would be worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Welcome to the group !!!

You have a link to the "Iron Clad Milled AK74" by any chance because I honestly have never seen a milled receiver AK-74?
    I did a search and came up with this: http://ironcladarmory.com/